What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Some clubs have put Sg Ball players into Flegg and missed the Sg Ball season. I know that's the case with Casey Mclean at Penrith. Unsure if they have done similar with others?
So perhaps they feel Sg ball is a wasted grade?
It wouId be pretty uncommon for an 18 year to go straight to flegg from Matt’s skipping Ball.

I say a few 18’s would get opportunities during the season but only after playing Ball (like what we did last year)

Is there any other 18 years who have done the same this year?

Anyhow McLean also played flegg last year after playing Matt’s at only 17, which shows how good he is. Only other player I know that did it at 17 last year was Buchanan at the dragons.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Some clubs have put Sg Ball players into Flegg and missed the Sg Ball season. I know that's the case with Casey Mclean at Penrith. Unsure if they have done similar with others?
So perhaps they feel Sg ball is a wasted grade?
If they’re ready they will be fast tracked. None of these merkins played SG Ball this year despite being eligible:

Arthur
Talagi
Tuivati

Last year we had a bunch of Flegg-eligible merkins who never played Flegg:

AMS
Jarthur
Penisini
Russell

Plus JJBM and Mataele played most of the year in reserve grade.

hindy111

Post Whore
It wouId be pretty uncommon for an 18 year to go straight to flegg from Matt’s skipping Ball.

I say a few 18’s would get opportunities during the season but only after playing Ball (like what we did last year)

Is there any other 18 years who have done the same this year?

Anyhow McLean also played flegg last year after playing Matt’s at only 17, which shows how good he is. Only other player I know that did it at 17 last year was Buchanan at the dragons.

I've heard he is the better one of the two but Jesse the older brother isn't as good as first thought. Alamoti and Longhi Inthink have over taken him in pecking order.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I've heard he is the better one of the two but Jesse the older brother isn't as good as first thought. Alamoti and Longhi Inthink have over taken him in pecking order.
Jesse is only 19 this year. Still plenty of potential and time is on his side.

expectations on promising players is to high at times.

Wait until players are 25 or so to judge.

JokerEel

Coach

TLT! Playing in Fiji

Gronk

Staff member

TLT! Playing in Fiji
We are running out of fullbacks. This week we have Zack Hunter. Looks like he was Penrith SG Ball fullback in the final rounds of 2021. Went missing and has now emerged here.

Delboy

First Grade
We are running out of fullbacks. This week we have Zack Hunter. Looks like he was Penrith SG Ball fullback in the final rounds of 2021. Went missing and has now emerged here.
Believe he went touring Europe and ended up player of the year at a 2nd Div English team, came back to resume his career. See how he goes now .

Latest posts