What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta NRL club sack Daniel Anderson as coach at emergency board meeting

Do you support the Board's decision to sack Daniel Anderson?

• Yes

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Impartial

Votes: 21 13.8%

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
The Club lost so many good men at the clean out. The supporters are starting to pay now for that clean out.
Oh for the days when decent people like Jack Boyle, Billy Rayner, Stan Simpson sat on the board.
Everybody knew them to be men of integrity, people who would honor commitments. People supporters could be, and were proud to have representing their views.
They were REAL people who didn't have to tell anyone that they had Pride, Passion and Performance as their 'catch cry'. They demonstrated it EVERY day, by the way they conducted themselves in day to day lives.

This rivals Julia Gillard stabbing Kevin Rudd. Hang on, you voted for her you hypocritical old fool.

By the way shouldn't of you f**ked off to the Raiders forum by now?

CrazyEel

Bench
You know what sucks is Parra supporters who are ready to ditch our team. Would not want to fight in the trenches with weak little bitches like some people on here. Grow some balls and move on.
Maybe but honestly don't think anyone will really miss the muppetts wishing the spoon on us because they didn't get their way though.

murraymob

Coach
you would hope they have kearney signed up before they sack anderson.He has knocked back approaches before from a few clubs

Ratchy

Juniors
It's their right to sack whoever they want but it was poorly handled.

Agree with that sentiment. Gould said the same thing too which was a different point of view from his first reaction which made me led to believe there is more going on we don't know about.

For the ones saying they will stop supporting the club now.....don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Correct decision but how its been done is appaulingly bad. How the hell could the club attract a top line coach or players when its painfully obvious those in charge are the worst kind of amatures.
Hagan was crap and we all know he was punted but that administration found a way of allowing him an honourable exit.
I honestly think Osborne is a goose and has no idea. It was written ten minutes after he got the job that the club was after Ricky Stewart. How true was that. For mine it says that the source of all the leaks and bull crap thats going on is Osbornes work.
I stated when the position was open that P Sterling was the man for the job but I got hailed down about how inexperienced he would be. This would not have happened under Sterlos watch.
Go Parra. I love ya but crikey. Its chook raffle stuff.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
670435-anderson.jpg

Parramatta NRL club sack Daniel Anderson
as coach at emergency board meeting

646895-daniel-anderson.jpg

End of the line...Daniel Anderson has been sacked as Parramatta
coach after just two seasons in charge.
Source: The Daily Telegraph

Exclusive By Phil Rothfield
Sports Editor-at-large
The Daily Telegraph
September 26, 2010
8:32PM

THE Parramatta Eels have sacked coach Daniel Anderson at an emergency board meeting tonight.

The meeting - originally scheduled for Tuesday night - was brought forward 48 hours after news of his likely dismissal was leaked to the media over the weekend.

Parramatta is expected to issue a statement shortly to confirm his sacking and will begin negotiations shortly to sign Melbourne Storm's assistant coach Stephen Kearney.

His sacking follows an internal review conducted by CEO Paul Osborne and board members Geoff Gerard and Glenn Duncan, who is also chief executive of the club's major sponsor Pirtek.

Duncan earlier broke from boardroom protocol to reveal his opinion that Anderson should be replaced by Kiwi coach Stephen Kearney.

"I think the position is untenable for Daniel to stay," Duncan said. "Daniel's a good guy. I think he's had a hard time, but sometimes you've got to make these decisions for the club to move forward."

Anderson has been at the helm of the Eels for just two seasons. After being brought back to Australia from coaching St Helens in England last year, Anderson took Parramatta to the grand final.

This year the Eels finished 12th.

Link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...cy-board-meeting/story-e6frexnr-1225929647804

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's their right to sack whoever they want but it was poorly handled.

agree

why in f**ks name did the idiots do it in GF week :crazy:

that is disgraceful

negative headlines and attracting attention away from the clubs involved

f**king imbos

Last edited:

Djay

Juniors
So we are probably gonna get this nuffie Kearney. 2011 is gonna be a long long season. If Ando couldn't bring out the best in us without a halfback good luck to Kearney, he has no chance in hell.

I wonder how the players are gonna react after this?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Chalk one up to the blokes in black.
That's me GONE too.
Good luck to the supporters who are prepared to take this kind of sh*t being dished out by a Board supposed to be in it for the betterment.
For once, I agree with Ray Hadley...Bloody shonky Club being run by amateurs.

cya Pete.

gustarny

Juniors
Seriously its a business and he didnt cut the mustard with that roster even though he didnt have a seven.sh*t Happens.

Ratchy

Juniors
agree

why in f**ks name did the idiots do it in GF week :crazy:

that is disgraceful

negative headlines and attrecting attention away from the clubs involved

f**king imbos

The club had to act sooner rather than later after Hadley's outbursts after the last 2 days.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Anderson ditched as Eels turn to Kearney

Adrian Proszenko
SMH
September 26, 2010

anderson-420x0.jpg

End of line ... Daniel Anderson will be sacked this week. Photo: James Brickwood

STEPHEN KEARNEY is set to be offered the Parramatta coaching job when Daniel Anderson is officially sacked this week.

Anderson's dismissal, with a year remaining on his contract, is expected to be ratified at an Eels board meeting scheduled for Tuesday night. The issue of Anderson's tenure came to a head yesterday following radio reports of a racial vilification issue between Anderson and departing forward Feleti Mateo.

2GB broadcaster Ray Hadley claimed that Mateo would make racially based complaints against Anderson if the coach refused to stand down from his post.

Mateo denied the allegations via an Eels media release, which stated: ''I have been told about a report on radio saying that I had complained about a racial issue regarding Daniel, and that it had been brought up in discussion about the coaching situation at the club. That is absolutely not true.

''I spoke with Ando today to clarify this and there is no issue. There has been no racial comments that have upset me, let alone been anything I have complained to the club about. Nothing of the sort has anything to do with me leaving to play with the Warriors.

''What the club does on the coaching front, or anything to do with the board and management, has nothing to do with me and I am disappointed my name has been brought into this.''

Chief executive Paul Osborne added: "No issue between Feleti and Daniel has ever been raised with the club and suggestions to the contrary are completely false. I've spoken to Daniel today and it's the first either of us had heard of this supposed complaint. It didn't happen.''

On a tumultuous day for the club, the much-anticipated review of the club's horror season was emailed to directors. The review, conducted by Osborne and board members Geoff Gerard and Glenn Duncan, did not make any recommendations regarding the tenure of Anderson.

Some board members had discussed the possibility of replacing Anderson with former Cronulla mentor Ricky Stuart, but it's understood the majority want Kearney to take over from next year.

''You're the first call I have had about it,'' Stuart said yesterday about links to the Parramatta job.

Eels officials had considered extending the tenure of Anderson for a further two years. However, that is no longer an option and the club will have to pay out the remaining $300,000 of his contract.

Anderson didn't return calls but his manager, Jim Banaghan, said: ''I spoke to Paul Osborne after I heard those rumours and he assured me there will be a board meeting on Tuesday and if he knows anything more he'll give me a ring.

''Normally with these rumours, where there is smoke there is fire.''

Duncan, a recent appointee to the board and the managing director of Eels major sponsor Pirtek, spoke of the challenges facing the club, which were outlined in the review.

''As a businessman, I was shocked there were no structures, policies, procedures or disciplines in place,'' Duncan said. ''I thought of Parramatta as the envy of other clubs as far as structure but it had all fallen away. There was not even a one-year plan let alone a three- or five-year plan.''

Asked his view on the coaching situation, Duncan said: ''If we're not going to extend Daniel's contract … and the way things are going that is not the view [of the board] … then I'm in favour of making a change.

''If you put Stephen Kearney's name up and you asked me is he someone who could put in disciplined structures and a playing style for the future - yes, he can.

''But we need to start with some disciplines and structures first. That's my personal view.''

with Daniel Lane
Link: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...d-as-eels-turn-to-kearney-20100925-15ri8.html