What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

TheRam

Coach
View attachment 87650

Basically it is between Macq and George Sts, and Church St and the Roxy.

Would have been a great place to put the stadium. Dare I say it, if it were built there virtually every game would have been a 25k+ crowd.

If we ever get a brand new quality rectangular stadium built right in the heart of a city with a transport(train station) system right beside it that would be the envy of every other team. You could bank on office workers looking for somewhere to go and have a few drinks and entertainment and even tourists that have never been to a RL game turning up every game. Bang right there you would get at least a 2-3k bump on your regular crowd. Add that the crowd numbers would be naturally pushed up just by having a great new stadium as we have already seen with all the new builds in the last few years and hey presto, average of over 25k easy and I'm being conservative.

But I fear we will never see such a thing in our life time. I am still holding out for Canberra(Civic) and Auckland(Harbour side) though. You never know maybe at least one of those two cities might get it absolutely right.

But I'm not holding my breathe, I can see both eventually botching it up totally.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Because our politicians suck and in Canberra's case Barr is an AFL fu*ktard who is stalling till he can get an all purpose oval shaped stadium built instead.

or the real estate cost would be unfeasible

and more importantly, town planning would never approve the parra CBD to be used as recreational space

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think our current location of Commbank Stadium is in a great spot.

Once the light rail is finished for those that cbf walking an extra 5 mins can hop on and get dropped off down near the Oak from Macquarie Street at Parramatta Square.

I went into Parra on Tuesday for my haircut and caught up with a mate at the Commercial Hotel afterwards for a couple of beers.

WTF is going there with the renovations they have all this space yet too busy worried about putting pokies in.

I assume they are re-doing it as some areas seemed blocked off in the pub. Other then the beer garden which is smallish i am not sure where else you can drink.

TheRam

Coach
or the real estate cost would be unfeasible

and more importantly, town planning would never approve the parra CBD to be used as recreational space

The Parra one was a pipe dream as we already have a stadium. I was referring to the other two, Canberra and Auckland CBD's which have been in discussion for years and are once again in the news of late.

Keep up old man.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I think our current location of Commbank Stadium is in a great spot.

Once the light rail is finished for those that cbf walking an extra 5 mins can hop on and get dropped off down near the Oak from Macquarie Street at Parramatta Square.

I went into Parra on Tuesday for my haircut and caught up with a mate at the Commercial Hotel afterwards for a couple of beers.

WTF is going there with the renovations they have all this space yet too busy worried about putting pokies in.

I assume they are re-doing it as some areas seemed blocked off in the pub. Other then the beer garden which is smallish i am not sure where else you can drink.
I popped into the New Oak last home game. Gee they have ruined that old favourite. Absolutely no atmosphere. Its basically a cafe.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well it's official the new Royal Oak is a better pub & shits on the Rose n crown.

Rose n crown don't do happy hour on commbank stadium match days.

And understaffed behind the bar on match days.

Takes you 10 mins to buy a beer unless you sneak into the pokies room where no one is and get one there.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well it's official the new Royal Oak is a better pub & shits on the Rose n crown.

Rose n crown don't do happy hour on commbank stadium match days.

And understaffed behind the bar on match days.

Takes you 10 mins to buy a beer unless you sneak into the pokies room where no one is and get one there.
Yeh, the new Royal Oak is pretty decent.
And, Labor decided on those bus routes to the new WSA.
Embarrassing.
The one thing the reporter failed to mention was these are local routes, not express buses.
But let's not let the SMH write another negative article about public transport.

Suitman

Post Whore
https://www.9news.com.au/national/p...unveiled/39ed4b91-4c39-4883-a02b-53afb4e65b58

A bold vision for Western Sydney's future has been unveiled, with a plan to turn the area into an "economic powerhouse" over the next 25 years.

Parramatta Council has released a 3D render of and plans for the city's future, including a new university and health hub, new suburbs and a revitalised entertainment district.

Westmead will be the home of a new university and health and innovation hub, with plans to create more than 50,000 jobs by 2036.

By 2050 there will be over half a million people living in our city and we have to get the strategy right," Parramatta Lord Mayor Pierre Esber said.

"We want to sell Parramatta around the world to bring their major corporations to bring head offices into Parramatta."

A new suburb will also provide 45,000 new homes, while Homebush will be revamped into a "celebration district" with plans to host a packed festival schedule.

The already under-way Parramatta light rail, Powerhouse Museum and redeveloped Riverside and Roxy theatres are expected to thrive once complete.

Continues at above link...

1716088671297.png

the phantom menace

First Grade
Looks good - but it is funded by anyone, particularly the proposed new uni/health precinct at Westmead?

The hospital is due an upgrade for sure, but government capital money seems hard to come buy in this climate.