What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parras Top 5 players at this point.

The Worm

Juniors
I'd rate them in this order. Feel free to argue if you wish.

1 - Adam Dykes
2 - Nathan Hindmarsh
3 - Nathan Cayless
4 - Craig Stapelton
5 - John Morris

I wanted to slot Eric Grothe in there, but I can't say he's been better than these fellas. Craig Stapleton gets my vote as best off season buy. He's a workhorse and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Hurriflatch

Referee
damn, how could I forget Guru jnr

my new top 5

1. Nathan Hindmarsh
2. Adam Dykes
3. Nathan Cayless
4. Craig Stapleton
5. Eric Grothe Jnr

AlexTheEel

Juniors
I agree with the worm. Eric grothe is a vital player for us but you'd have to have John Morris in there. He does so much.

Pazza

First Grade
1.Nathan Cayless
2.Nathan Hindmarsh
3.Adam Dykes
4.John Morris
5.Eric Grothe

Hurriflatch

Referee
Any list without The Staple just instant a list

The Staple is the glue that holds the team together :lol:

seriously though Stapleton has been easily in the top 5 this year.

Pazza

First Grade
on my list Stapleton would come 6th. I had Grothe infront of him because his individual brilliance has scored some important tries for Parramatta. Plus his kick returns and dumbhalf runs really get Parramatta on the front foot early in the set.

1eyedeel

Juniors
I just checked my totals from my player ratings and they come out like this so far:

1. Nathan Hindmarsh
2. Adam Dykes
3. Nathan Cayless
4. Craig Stapleton
5. Eric Grothe

I don't think I'd change a thing..

Parra_Boy

Juniors
Nathan Hindmarsh
Adam Dykes
Nathan Cayless
Eric Grothe
Fui Fui Moi Moi

I know it was only one game but easliy the pest performance of any of our front rowers and it was only for 10 minutes. I'm positive that if he didn't get injured the impact he would have had on that game would have turned the game into a flogging.

Nathan Hindmarsh is currently on top of the Dally M's so there is no doubt that he is our best player of this season. Cayless is in great form aswell and these two are easily in the Top 5 Second Rowers of the competition at the moment.

Dykes, besides last weeks game vs the Sharks, has been in very positive form and can only really get better, especially when we get Witt or Thorman next to him in the halves to lessen the stress off him abit.

And Eric, what can I say he is our best back running around, 3 times I've seen him score tries that his father would be proud of and I can see him continually doing that.

Great stuff you five and I can't wait for Fui to get back on the paddock.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Anyone not putting Hindmarsh at the top of their list is a disgrace.

This will be controversial but based on effort for the club.

Nathan Hindmarsh
Adam Dykes
Craig Stapleton
Adam Peek
Luke Burt

PB

Bench
I am a huge Luke Burt fan, and was suggesting he would push for a Country spot this year. But his lack of involvement early has been bitterly disapointing for someone of his ability.

Peek has been ok, but has made a few handling errors.

Hindy, Stapelton, Dykes, Cayless and Guru have been the most effective players in 2004 to date. Absolutely no question. Morris has been reliable as have others but the top 5 i think are clear cut.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think Parramatta missed Burt at FB last week. McKinnon was good but unfortunately he wasn't chiming into the backline to create damage like Burt has done this year. We have other options for FB too. We could always go with Guruju back there.

PB

Bench
Mckinnon's role at fullback for 70 minutes on Saturday night was better than any performance Burt has put in this year. As far as "chiming into the back line" goes. I can think of once when Burt has effectively "chimed in" all season. He is one player Smith has to grab and tell that we need him to take more responsibilty on the field especially with the loss of experienced backs for the season.

Suitman

Post Whore
DvdHntr said:
I think Parramatta missed Burt at FB last week. McKinnon was good but unfortunately he wasn't chiming into the backline to create damage like Burt has done this year. We have other options for FB too. We could always go with Guruju back there.

A fullback chiming into the backline hasn't happened since the onset of left and right centres.

Rarely do we see an old fashion half - 5/8th - inside centre - fullback - outside centre - winger - backline movement.
And PB said it. When does Burt chime into the backline??

Suity

thedux

Juniors
1. Hindmarsh
2. Dykes
3. Cayless
4. Grothe
5. Morris

Based on the fact that all these guys are starters, whereas Stapleton and Peek get the luxury of coming on after the heat has died a little. I think all 5 of these players have been instrumental in each of our wins thus far.