What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Past Brisbane RL players who excelled in other sports ....

mud n blood

Juniors
Just wondering who knows of any ....

Wally Lewis (Valleys & W/Manly 5/8) - Australian schoolboys rah rah
Peter Dutton (Norfs fullback) - baseball for Australia
Len Dittmar (Brothers forward) - Qld boxing champion
Alan Langer (Ipswich 1/2) - Qld junior age cricket (?)
Graham Cotter (Easts & Red.) - QAFL premiership player for Morningside
Barry Spring (Norfs fullback) - QAFL player for Mayne
Adrian Lam (Wests 1/2) - touch football for Australia
Geoff Richardson (Wests 5/8) - Rugby Union for Australia
Billy Johnstone (Souths & P/Bros hooker) - Aust. middleweight boxing champion
Henry Albert (referee) - Australian cycling champion & Souths player
Brian Gardiner (Redcliffe winger) - National beach sprint champion
Joe Elisaiah (W/Manly lock) - Qld boxing champion (?)

I know there's heaps of others, but can't think of them right now .....

zulu

Juniors
Bennett King (Valleys) Cricket (club) and cricket coaching.

Dirk "Dick" Tazelar (Ipswich) Top class left arm pace bowler for QLD.

John Elordi - fiddling :D

mind blank.

mind blank.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Chris Roche, Tony D'arcy

John Salter Cricket
Alan Mills Indoor Cricket for Qld
Adrian Coolwell Cricket

Forrester Grayson Rodeo Riding

Big Tommy

Juniors
Lawson brothers (I think they played on the wing for Easts in the early 70's) - both Graham and Greg won the national beach sprinting championship several times between themselves in the 1970's.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Larry Home - centre for Wynnum in the 70's was one of Australia's top baseballers and pretty good at a few other sports as well.

Fred Casey played front row for Easts in the 60's while he was Qld Heavyweight Boxing champion.

Bob Patterson came to Wynnum from Soccer.

Plenty of Professional sprinters amongst the wingers in the old days - Ray Reithmuller and Bill Knobel from Wynnum were two.

oxenham

Juniors
An interesting one was a bloke called Ray Smith.Played in Valleys 72(?) grand final team in the centres and then went to Essendon where he had a long carreer.
I think he came to valleys from Grammar and played A grade in his first year(that would make him the Oberhardts vintage).I am sure he also played rep schoolboys union.
Yogi Dunne was also a rep baseball player as was Peter Dutton.
John Brown played cricket for Qld.

oxenham

Juniors
An interesting one was a bloke called Ray Smith.Played in Valleys 72(?) grand final team in the centres and then went to Essendon where he had a long carreer.
I think he came to valleys from Grammar and played A grade in his first year(that would make him the Oberhardts vintage).I am sure he also played rep schoolboys union.

oxenham

Juniors

oxenham

Juniors
An interesting one is a bloke called Ray Smith who played in the centres in the Valleys 72(?) premiership team.He then joined Essendon where he had a long carreer.
He came from Grammar and I think he only had the one season with Valleys.I am sure he played schoolboys rep union.He would have been oberhardts vintage.
As well as Peter Dutton Yogi Dunn was also a baseball rep.

Latest posts