What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Aiton for 5/8 next year

richie8u

Juniors
I think he is a special talent, and would fit in well at 5/8, and he will have the runs on the board in 1st grade, i havent seen his kicking game but he is quick and has a good passing game,

Big Mick

Referee
I'd rather him play off the bench as an impact player to be honest.

We need that impact off the bench and I think he provides it.

Give Wallace the #6 keep Aiton in the #17.

Not saying he couldn't handle 5/8...its just he provides so much out of hooker why play him anywhere when we don't really need to.

Kiwipanther

Juniors
I think Aiton would definately be a better half than hooker. His game is very similar to Prestons. In saying that BM has a point in regards to the whole impact player thing. He would be very valuble to us in that role "this year".

Fibroman

First Grade
For the sake of the team, I think Gowie needs to move to 5/8. Aiton is a potential half back. He has a lot of flare in attack, and should develop into a good player if he can work on his defence a bit.

Big Mick

Referee
are u kidding fibro?...are u not seeing his defensive stats for the last two week?

I suggest you take a look.

Fibroman

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
are u kidding fibro?...are u not seeing his defensive stats for the last two week?

I suggest you take a look.

It's good to use statistics for a guide, but statistics alone don't always paint the entire picture.

The little i've seen of Aiton, he got caught out in defence and missed a few one on ones.

I call 'em how I see 'em.

Big Artie

Juniors
probably looking via the beer glasses fibro, but stats can be deceiving no chance fibro 8.45 in ur dreams

Fibroman

First Grade
Big Artie said:
probably looking via the beer glasses fibro, but stats can be deceiving no chance fibro 8.45 in ur dreams

11.28 Lowbridge. Stats. I'll have the beer goggles on tomorrow too as soon as the mitchell dungeon opens the doors.

Big Mick

Referee
well considering he made 47 on debut and missed 3 and made 35 in 52 minutes last week and missed 2....i think he's solid.

I've watched very closely his two games...the only blatent miss was the one on Gallen and IMO that was more Clinton's fault than his.

Fibroman

First Grade
If you are right about his defence then he will be a star of the future, because he adds a lot of spark in attack.

In any case, I would still like to see Gower move to 5/8.

Big Mick

Referee
I just wanna see how he can do actually as an impact player WHILE Priddis is on the field....because his two games were when Priddis wasn't there.

I'd love to see Priddis shift to lock and Aiton coming on and both of them running and causing havoc in the middle of the ruck.