What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Franze becomes a Panther

griffo346

First Grade
he is a good young player with penrith only signing him for a yr we will see him go to the roosters in 2006

im just saying that not to be negitive but look wat happened with amos

*Sandy*

First Grade
Brighten up Griffo! ;-) I think there may be another reason why they are only signing them for a year.

SP

Bench
OH MY f**kING GOD :shock:

we have signed someone with a household name (sort of)

*Sandy*

First Grade
Don't worry, as usual :roll: , I found out the answer to my own question! :mrgreen:

Knee re-construction kept him down. A few have referred to him as another Amos buy, but i'm not gonna have high expectations of him and hope that he can be a solid 1st Grader and fill the missing puzzle bits for us next year.

lolesi

First Grade
I would of liked to keep him :( but im happy he is found a good club, i hope he refinds his form that made him a name!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
PK said:
Why was he dropped to Premier league in Cronulla?

He suffered a serious knee injury last year and hasn't fully recovered and has only managed 4 games in the top grade this year. In 2002 he was a solid centre and won Sharks rookie and back of the year award. I hope he recaptures his 2002 form next year with us.

choc_soldier

Coach
Can't complain.

Johnny is a miracle worker... don't be surprised if he becomes a star for us next year.

He just needs a chance. Roberts only needed the Raiders game in Round 2 to stamp his authority.

Fibroman

First Grade
I remember when Franze was at the top of his game with the Sharks. He showed a bit of promise.

My concerns are that he is not overly big, and not overly fast. Not many backs come back with avengence following a full knee recon, as speed and evasive skills always seem to suffer with that injury.

In fact, I don't know of too many players at all that have come back exceptionally well following a knee reco.

Anyway. Fingers crossed. Tate or Lyon would have been more the order of the day, but at least we signed somebody, so Tony Puletua doesn't have to play in the centres in 2005.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I don't even know what your on about fibro.. :? T in the centres..hmm..

Franze does have size have you seen him? He is solid.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Pantherschik, he used to play for the Sharks First Grade team in 2002 was a good player. He injured his knee and has since been mostly in Sharks Premier League side.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah we would have had that anyway with the likes of Galea, Lewis, Clayton, Dyer and even Pritchard or Rodney.. But T!

choc_soldier

Coach
This is the man...

franze.JPG

Special K

Coach
if you can work on his defence(he is a good tackler just can't read the play), speed and confidence he will be a great buy. Last year the backline was going to be built around him but he did his knee early on and that is what forced Bailey out wide. He has a few shots this year but he just had nothing, he got yanked against canberra after letting in two tries which was a sad thing to see.

He is been playing alright in PL(I saw him kill a Parramatta player a few weeks back) and I think he could go very well next year if he can get fit but if he stays lazy then :oops:

Latest posts