What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Gallan greatest Shark ever

davi

Juniors
Big call from coach Flanagan. Andrew Ettingshausen, Gavin Miller, Steve Rogers, David Peachey and Matt Rogers would have to be up there. Matt Rogers would have been higher if he stayed his whole career there. Steve Rogers was before my time and I'm only basing it on word of mouth and the fact he was the driving force behind Sharks 1973 Grand final appearance against Manly.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/27/03/34/flanagan-proclaims-gallen-sharks-greatest

Incorrect

Coach
Will always be tainted by the fact that he took part in a club sanctioned doping program... too many question marks over where natural ability ended and artificial performance started for mine. Should NOT be considered the greatest shark of all

Clifferd

Coach
Probably fair considering he captained the first ever premiership winning team for them

Still hate him though

carcharias

Immortal
Will always be tainted by the fact that he took part in a club sanctioned doping program... too many question marks over where natural ability ended and artificial performance started for mine. Should NOT be considered the greatest shark of all
You'd be in incorrect.

sharkman73

Juniors
Big call from coach Flanagan. Andrew Ettingshausen, Gavin Miller, Steve Rogers, David Peachey and Matt Rogers would have to be up there. Matt Rogers would have been higher if he stayed his whole career there. Steve Rogers was before my time and I'm only basing it on word of mouth and the fact he was the driving force behind Sharks 1973 Grand final appearance against Manly.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/27/03/34/flanagan-proclaims-gallen-sharks-greatest

Sludge is the only other player in the debate with Gallen imo.

bluefox68

Staff member
C'mon, ET was the Sharks for many years! Pace to burn, evolved into a great defender, played the most games, 5-tries in one game...

I would go:

1. Gal - for giving EVERYTHING during the hard times and the good times + the GF win...
2. ET (see above)
3. Steve Rogers (for being a dead-set legend of rugby league - but he did go to St. George...)
4. T. Bishop (for making us tough contenders in the early days)

That's about it.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Most of our greats are tainted with something either during or post footy
ie: ET(using his rod for something other than fishing) or Gal (asada)
Rogers for mind - even though he fugged off to Saints
The Peach still all time favourtite

Eion

First Grade
It would be ET if he managed to squeeze out a premiership. But he didn't.... so gal it is.

shaggs

Coach
Most of our greats are tainted with something either during or post footy
ie: ET(using his rod for something other than fishing) or Gal (asada)
Rogers for mind - even though he fugged off to Saints
The Peach still all time favourtite
Most elite sportspeople have some kind of skeletons. They are a special breed who aren't wired completely correctly.
That's what makes them different to the normal joe bloggs playing oztag or whatever.
Have a think of the best halves of the past era. Johns, locky, Thurston,

shadowboxer

First Grade
Your right - only one probally not tainted was Bradman - find it laughable the hoopla around ferguson/ Dugan fraca from the likes of johns, Fittler and even Lockyer for that matter

shaggs

Coach
Your right - only one probally not tainted was Bradman - find it laughable the hoopla around ferguson/ Dugan fraca from the likes of johns, Fittler and even Lockyer for that matter
Depends who you ask. I'm sure there would be a scandal some where

Latest posts