What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Paul Kent incidents - domestic abuse charges dismissed, street fight

Penrith fan

Juniors
Toxic Masculinity is being used as a term to weaponise against men and this is causing the Andrew Tate effect where our boys are looking for something that supports them in a world that is continually telling them that they are bad news. It would be good if the activists started to recognise this and get the term 'toxic masculinity' out of their arsenal. If they were to do that, we might see men joining the fight against the behaviours identified alongside the term rather than rallying against it or just simply ignoring it and not taking action. You cannot say a whole gender is bad news and then expect that same gender to support your cause, no matter how righteous that cause may be. But Geez, Kenty is a horrible example of a man. It is no wonder women are scared of men with blokes like Kenty out there.

soc123_au

Staff member
Toxic Masculinity is being used as a term to weaponise against men and this is causing the Andrew Tate effect where our boys are looking for something that supports them in a world that is continually telling them that they are bad news. It would be good if the activists started to recognise this and get the term 'toxic masculinity' out of their arsenal. If they were to do that, we might see men joining the fight against the behaviours identified alongside the term rather than rallying against it or just simply ignoring it and not taking action. You cannot say a whole gender is bad news and then expect that same gender to support your cause, no matter how righteous that cause may be. But Geez, Kenty is a horrible example of a man. It is no wonder women are scared of men with blokes like Kenty out there.
th

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

soapbox-preach.gif

Penrith fan

Juniors
Masculinity isn't, and cannot be, toxic. Masculinity is the drive to protect those you love, to provide for them and to nourish them. Masculinity is stoicism, self control, honor, respect and dignity. It's putting others before yourself, even if that means you have to walk out on a battlefield and risk your life to do it. Masculinity is an ideal for men to strive for. The term "toxic masculinity" is a recently invented buzzword that refers to males who are, frankly, not acting masculine at all.

Males who lie, manipulate or coerce like Kenty. Males who lash out without thought (physically or emotionally) like Kenty, men who are not in control of their emotions like Kenty, their temper or themselves like Kenty. That is not masculinity at all, toxic or otherwise. Kenty is a shameful exhibition of a man and as such should be ostracised and shunned by the world until he understands what he has done is very very bad. But he is not even competent as a fighter or a lover or a bloke who can do his shoelaces up. There is no one thing that Kenty can do that is actually worthy of him being allowed back on television or even to hold court at the local pub. He’s never had a footy “insight” worth hearing that wasn’t first passed on to him by an ex player. After watching his pugilistic skills on the video.. the fight he lost to a tree, not too sure about the fewer head knocks comment 😂I loved it when Kent lectured players that have been caught on the drink, about their obligation to be role models for the code.

Matty Johns recalled Kenty and his mates picking fights with him at the mighty Club Troppo in Gosford way back when. You do realise that Kent has assaulted other people before. Including other journalists?
Leopard and spots…

Well there is a super simple solution for him, one that at 54 years on this planet. There are literally thousands of people in his situation and somehow he is special?? Being loaded with booze and being inherently ‘spiky’ makes a sham of his victimhood.I don’t doubt Paul got chipped by the other bloke, but the smart play is to keep on walking. Kent plies his trade commenting on big blokes running into other big blokes and was never pigeon-holed as the sharpest tool in the shed. He just had to find out if he still had it (he doesn’t), instead ending up in hospital, charged by police and killing his career. Although I must thank Kenty, he has become a cautionary tale for my twin teenage sons, who are just turning 18 and is embarking on his own drinking career 😂

But Kenty is a narcissist.

It's the bizzarro world of Seinfeld. When the media circus itself is providing a level of entertainment (laughs and bemusement) as well as the actual game itself. Soap opera ready made for television. No doubt about it – rugby league just goes on giving and giving. Can’t beat it.

Kent aside the question is “Is there any point to NRL360”
Mossop and Ferris, 1970’s, with the “rugby league show” & ‘Controversy Corner’ provided a mix of insight, laughs and player involvement streets ahead of the shite rolled out by Nine and Fox today.

I was never a fan of the NRL360 show but the concept of a TV show designed to sell papers that are then rewritten by “staff writers” for clicks on the website is infuriatingly genius. They control 75% of the NRL voice. They just make up garbage, have enough people to echo it and now the coaches, clubs and players have to make comment on it, thus giving it more oxygen.

It was kind of like the way Paul "Fatty" Vaultin and Beau Ryan were supposedly funny and good tv show hosts on The Footy Show. They clearly were neither – i am sure Paul is funny to hang out with, but he stunk at TV. But we all watched. Some for longer than others. But the addiction is beatable.

Clueless buffoons making a spectacle of themselves.

So…like Federal Parliament question time?

Last edited:

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Masculinity isn't, and cannot be, toxic. Masculinity is the drive to protect those you love, to provide for them and to nourish them. Masculinity is stoicism, self control, honor, respect and dignity. It's putting others before yourself, even if that means you have to walk out on a battlefield and risk your life to do it. Masculinity is an ideal for men to strive for. The term "toxic masculinity" is a recently invented buzzword that refers to males who are, frankly, not acting masculine at all.

Males who lie, manipulate or coerce like Kenty. Males who lash out without thought (physically or emotionally) like Kenty, men who are not in control of their emotions like Kenty, their temper or themselves like Kenty. That is not masculinity at all, toxic or otherwise. Kenty is a shameful exhibition of a man and as such should be ostracised and shunned by the world until he understands what he has done is very very bad. But he is not even competent as a fighter or a lover or a bloke who can do his shoelaces up. There is no one thing that Kenty can do that is actually worthy of him being allowed back on television or even to hold court at the local pub. He’s never had a footy “insight” worth hearing that wasn’t first passed on to him by an ex player. After watching his pugilistic skills on the video.. the fight he lost to a tree, not too sure about the fewer head knocks comment 😂I loved it when Kent lectured players that have been caught on the drink, about their obligation to be role models for the code.

Matty Johns recalled Kenty and his mates picking fights with him at the mighty Club Troppo in Gosford way back when. You do realise that Kent has assaulted other people before. Including other journalists?
Leopard and spots…

Well there is a super simple solution for him, one that at 54 years on this planet. There are literally thousands of people in his situation and somehow he is special?? Being loaded with booze and being inherently ‘spiky’ makes a sham of his victimhood.I don’t doubt Paul got chipped by the other bloke, but the smart play is to keep on walking. Kent plies his trade commenting on big blokes running into other big blokes and was never pigeon-holed as the sharpest tool in the shed. He just had to find out if he still had it (he doesn’t), instead ending up in hospital, charged by police and killing his career. Although I must thank Kenty, he has become a cautionary tale for my twin teenage sons, who are just turning 18 and is embarking on his own drinking career 😂

It's the bizzarro world of Seinfeld. When the media circus itself is providing a level of entertainment (laughs and bemusement) as well as the actual game itself. Soap opera ready made for television. No doubt about it – rugby league just goes on giving and giving. Can’t beat it.

Mossop and Ferris, 1970’s, with the “rugby league show” & ‘Controversy Corner’ provided a mix of insight, laughs and player involvement streets ahead of the shite rolled out by Nine and Fox today.

I was never a fan of the NRL360 show but the concept of a TV show designed to sell papers that are then rewritten by “staff writers” for clicks on the website is infuriatingly genius. They control 75% of the NRL voice. They just make up garbage, have enough people to echo it and now the coaches, clubs and players have to make comment on it, thus giving it more oxygen.

It was kind of like the way Paul "Fatty" Vaultin and Beau Ryan were supposedly funny and good tv show hosts on The Footy Show. They clearly were neither – i am sure Paul is funny to hang out with, but he stunk at TV. But we all watched. Some for longer than others. But the addiction is beatable.

Didnt Read Lol Storm Trooper GIF

Apey

Staff member

Leopard and spots…

ok

Penrith fan

Juniors

In the clip, Kent can be heard calling the other man a 'doghead' before they allegedly get into a physical clash that spills across the road from the venue.

Penrith fan

Juniors

Latest posts