What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Kent

TheRev

First Grade
Kenty is told to be loud, they're told to spice things up
That's my suspicion also.. because Kent actually has the ability to be rational and see both sides of a situation.. and not of all his colleagues can.. but he rarely turns up in a rational mood.

Its why I think they primed Graham on the first night to go out and take some scalps.... but I think he overdid it and is winding it back down.. I stopped watching the show a while back, but im watching again just to see how the dynamic changes.

Anasta probably has the same instructions.. he's obviously articulate and good at negotiation as a player manager.. but far out I'd hate to have him as a boss.

That's my suspicion also.. because Kent actually has the ability to be rational and see both sides of a situation.. and not of all his colleagues can.. but he rarely turns up in a rational mood.

Its why I think they primed Graham on the first night to go out and take some scalps.... but I think he overdid it and is winding it back down.. I stopped watching the show a while back, but im watching again just to see how the dynamic changes.

Anasta probably has the same instructions.. he's obviously articulate and good at negotiation as a player manager.. but far out I'd hate to have him as a boss.
Ikin was the only one who ever made any sense.

Old Timer

Coach

"he's obviously articulate and good at negotiation as a player manager."

In all honesty I can't for the life of me imagine how you came to that conclusion.

He's just outed Munster and Burgess by disclosing personal details and his prodigy has just been terminated early from a club that's on the bottom of the ladder plus he has a very limited vocabulary and often suggests he doesn't know what some of the words the not so intelligent journos use actually mean.

Dragsters

First Grade

The way he belittles Buzz and pretty much all of the other journos as well is embarrassing.

He is so far out of his depth as a host it's not funny...

TheRev

First Grade
The way he belittles Buzz and pretty much all of the other journos as well is embarrassing.

He is so far out of his depth as a host it's not funny...
I hate it hey.. he has a few go-to's in his kitbag, which he must have learnt from his time as a player manager... but my least favourite is when he flips to the "So you're saying <......................>", where he takes a portion of what you said, removes all the context & nuance, and tries to turn it into a clickbait headline.. all while laughing in contempt.

It's actually a lot like being on a rugby league forum!

TheRev

First Grade
Perhaps but that doesn't excuse Anasta for speaking to him like he's an idiot.

At least Buzz is a proper journalist, Anasta is not anything's asshole...
100% mate.. Buzz cops a lot of crap, and yeah sometimes he gets it wrong absolutely.. but I love hearing perspectives that aren't the default.. that's actually what used to frustrate me about Anasta as a commentator too now I think about it.. have your own opinion, not just spout the popular one.

Brent Read is another one he just goes at...I quite like Read on a few different podcasts.. he plays the game a bit I think.. but he comes at things from a different angle.

I suspect that Fox feel that 'aggro' is what gets views/headlines/controversy (like it does on social media).. maybe they are spot on... but maybe it absolutely doesnt lol.. perhaps it differs by demographic...

Perhaps but that doesn't excuse Anasta for speaking to him like he's an idiot.

At least Buzz is a proper journalist, Anasta is not anything's asshole...
I don't like Braith Anasta, but he was genuinely good at doing something. He was a good football player. I agree that he is not a good host.

Calling Buzz a proper journalist is a bit rich. He is a gossip columnist. Nothing more. He is not a good journalist and he knows bugger all about Rugby League.

All in all it is a very silly little show.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I don't like Braith Anasta, but he was genuinely good at doing something. He was a good football player. I agree that he is not a good host.

Calling Buzz a proper journalist is a bit rich. He is a gossip columnist. Nothing more. He is not a good journalist and he knows bugger all about Rugby League.

All in all it is a very silly little show.
That whole panel bar James Graham atm and probably Brent Read has a combined IQ of 34

Gardenia

Juniors
I like Buzz (except for the team he supports).

will be an unpopular opinion but I don't mind Kent as he keeps it real but I think he's
gone now

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Looks like I will have to brush up on my sarcastic name's for the panel...they keep changing more than our NRL rules.....used to be "every one shut up and listen to me" Hadlee......"I know everything" Cronk.....talk over the top of everyone Kent...."The Deer Hunter" Anasta (he looks like a deer thats been mesmerised by a shooters high beam ) "Mr Peabody" Reed........"I'm about to nod off" Buzz...and now "I can't understand you" Graham...having said that I don't mind the show tbh

Latest posts