What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vaughan

Lats13

Juniors
I don't think we will see him in the nrl for the rest of the season. No club would want the backlash for employing him. In the off season clubs will look at him when this dies down. Then again may end up eating my words

rasaint

Juniors
What’s happening to Zaccy Lomax? Is he out the door too? We sure need a top class and fast centre that can make a break.

Smirrors

Juniors
Massive over reaction, by the whole World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In isolation you could possibly try and argue it. That said multiple breaches of protocol, laws and team orders means giving him the boot is not unjustified. Even if you dont believe in covid you still need to follow the rules. Vaughan and Co are part of a wider culture problem at the Dragons and getting rid of him does benefit the team

Slackboy72

Coach
I'd actually sack JDB and Norman as well immediately to set the new standards - this is the opportunity to start up a new culture and not tolerate below-par behavior...more importantly u get $1.5M in the kitty straight away w no
Vaughan or JDB... Finucane and Taupau could fill the gaps in on the same $$
Why not sack all 13 then?
You can't pick and choose if it's about setting "new standards".
They were all there.

Smirrors

Juniors
They were all there.

Correct. You can pin it on Vaughan as he was the host. Maybe if you had proof from text messages of who instigated the party at best

borat

Bench
They were all there.
You can’t seriously not see the difference

it’s not just the COVID breach and the team/competition threatening implications, it’s the repeated lies to the club and integrity unit by one of our so called leaders and best paid players.

The day you let players get away with a slap on wrist for this behaviour you may as well give up on any sort of team culture. You start to enter Todd Carney territory at the Raiders and you lose any respect from the rest of the squad

BLM01

First Grade
I'd actually sack JDB and Norman as well immediately to set the new standards - this is the opportunity to start up a new culture and not tolerate below-par behavior...more importantly u get $1.5M in the kitty straight away w no
Vaughan or JDB... Finucane and Taupau could fill the gaps in on the same $$
Another one. Why?. If they do then you sack the other 11
can’t have it both ways
Good luck legally with that 😆
Re Vaughan they exhausted their legal grounds to make sure he can’t come back against them and they had a valid reason under the contract to do that
He got what he deserved he us now out of pocket big time

Mjab

Juniors
What’s happening to Zaccy Lomax? Is he out the door too? We sure need a top class and fast centre that can make a break.

I don’t mind Zac as a player but shouldn’t have been signed 5 years

Not sure if he fits the criteria u mentioned either to be honest

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, yes I have my chance to express my opinion and read through the range of opinion of other posters on this forum.

I will say be careful what you wish for. Paul Vaughan was a top shelf metre eater prop with an offload and good tackle work rate and efficiency. I agree probably paid too much but look what some bog average players are getting here at the dragons.

Paul will serve out his time and will have plenty of clubs willing to pay $550k to $750K starting 2022. He has at least 2 good years left and he is a very durable player. He isn’t an injury prone type player.

Like a number of posters we know ‘ someone ‘ who is acquainted with someone about the fringes of our club. I understand our playing group was very disappointed in the NRL treatment and cursory judicial process dished out to Mikalaee Rava. The judiciary examined the evidence, considered the nuances of the way shoulder charges do or don’t pass the ’arm wrap’; then discussed the situation, tested each other’s conclusions ….wait for it …for 5 minutes. That is described by the NRL as due process is it? Also, the heavy crackdown on some players ( Rava, Fui, McGuire, Simms) then to note that inside a week the gears were thrown into reverse and a softer approach was adopted. Love that YouTube video with the classical music. Recently some players who smashed others in the head were let off if the head smash victim was falling. It went full circle.

Little wonder some of the dragons players may have been hesitant to confide in the NRL‘ s ‘integrity unit’. Anyway, I do agree that I don’t process all the facts and on straight face value the players knew the both NRL and Government rules. That straight away opens them up to be very harshly hit and also the 2021 season for club and fans.

rasaint

Juniors
Good on you Mjab, I rate Zac near top of my list for the poorest contract decisions by the dragons in recent years. After years in the NRL he will continue to be an unremarkable player who is a good goal kicker. Reported to be on $650K for 5 more years? Isn’t it. Imagine you could get Justin Olam cheaper.

denis preston

First Grade
Lomax is a good player and a excellent goal kicker. As we have seen in recent weeks a top goal kicker is important.
As for Vauhan and Norman they should be sacked immediately.
Good like 450 to 500k a year or just good on elite money of 650k ? I can live with the former but not the latter.

I've never commented in here before -Though quite a few on other forums are laughing that your Club is sacking fining and suspending you're better players! Sure they broke the "rules" but why have WE (not just those on this forum) allowed these rules to be set in the first place! If after over 15 months of media and Govt propaganda surely we can wake up to the fact that this to the majority of us is no more than a bad case of the flu at worst!
According to TGA, in 2021 there has been 1 death from Covid til June this year, even with a so called 'variant', yet close to 400 have died from the experimental Jab! Take this Jab and your part of their experiment! Time to question and end this BS now!

Inkers75

Juniors
As a Pom reading this from the UK I'm genuinely shocked at what has happened. Whilst the vast majority of people no doubt will have obeyed the restrictions (whether they agree with them or not) it still beggars belief that people in the public eye seem to think that they are immune from these lockdown rules.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I've never commented in here before -Though quite a few on other forums are laughing that your Club is sacking fining and suspending you're better players! Sure they broke the "rules" but why have WE (not just those on this forum) allowed these rules to be set in the first place! If after over 15 months of media and Govt propaganda surely we can wake up to the fact that this to the majority of us is no more than a bad case of the flu at worst!
According to TGA, in 2021 there has been 1 death from Covid til June this year, even with a so called 'variant', yet close to 400 have died from the experimental Jab! Take this Jab and your part of their experiment! Time to question and end this BS now!
Oh look, QAnon have arrived to our little thread. Sod off!

Gippsy

Bench
If Vaughn can get a contract at another club good luck to him. You would have to think his mental health would have to be suffering from all this, and for his sake, the sooner he can get his life back on track the better, IMO.

At the end of the day, he's not a serial killer, he's a footballer who made a dumb decision.