What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Whatuira

madred

Juniors
Has anyone heard about his future, in the papers over here he is apparently off contract for next season and is linked with the reds for next season i was wondering has any of you heard this? or if he has agreed a contract extension?

thanks

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I've heard only rumours, but I reckon he's as good as gone.

Dont think he goners quite yet - player market is drying up and players like Whatuira and harrison who have yet to sign will be able to command decent money.

Tigers had/have money put aside in attempts to sign monoghan/kimmorley so when they more than likely dont sign kimmorley then they will be able to retain Whatuira and Harrison.

I dunno, it seems he's being whored out to NZ and Australian Union.

I know the bloke chases the $ (and why not, I would)and I had accepted that he'd move on for $ eventually a fair while ago.

I'd be disappointed if he went to Union though. I don't give a f**k who he is, if he goes to Union he's scum.

BJ

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
Dont think he goners quite yet - player market is drying up and players like Whatuira and harrison who have yet to sign will be able to command decent money.

Tigers had/have money put aside in attempts to sign monoghan/kimmorley so when they more than likely dont sign kimmorley then they will be able to retain Whatuira and Harrison.

as long as they don't hold out too long trying to sign other players and end up loosing our own and we end up with a bunch of nuffies again

He's had talks with the NZ rugby union according to both his player manager and the NZ Union.

Doubt he will go to Union tho

funny how when an Australian player is targeted by union league does everything to keep them, but when its a kiwi they don't seem to give a rats ass.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We've got a million backs at the moment to fill his spot, I wouldn't be too concerned if he left to be honest

innsaneink

Referee
Hope he stays, hes cool, calm and collected...safe as a bank, rarely f**ks up, and a pretty good player to boot.

jilliby kitty

Juniors
The right of reply

Concerning my ejection form this forum last week I would like to state my case as I was not allowed to last week publicly

(1) the story I posted was deleted for the reason that my story was somehow untrue .i gave my source as sky news obviously the moderator failed to check this before acting . as it was directly supported by the tele 5/3/007 pages 2 ANTI TERROR UNIT,,,,”

(2) to this end the judgement and impartiality of Diablo must be questioned. the said moderator deleted the post without any notification. then proceeded to delete other posts.Asking why? While saying nothing .if this is moderators “BEST PRACTICE” then say so and we can all leave this place to the thumpers

(3) there was clamed to be a plethora of notification .this is untrue .i received
messages. email notification basically only saying “you got a private messages” most
of these Messages were in reply to me asking first if I was visible then asking who
was deleting my posts. 4 or 5 Hours later Diablo finally mailed that he was the
coward deleting posts without notification

(4)as I was finding every thing I said being deleted by the alleged coward I proceeded to
post sarcastic comments at the end of posts with the intention of pissing off the said
coward .but as there is a time component in the site that interrupts this a flooding it
boot my arse as a consequence

(5) at the time I was truly ropable. I had returned from watching parra choke .and in fine
Spirts, Was looking forward to a little word play. had the alleged coward reported his
dubious deeds I would have acknowledged it and moved on but as he neither did this
nor indicated that he was deleting posts .i keep asking to the point where I called the
alleged coward a “gutless c” .i don’t retract this .and say to the shrieking princesses.
buy a box of tissues .
in the words of john singleton “people who don’t use words like f & c shouldn’t
be playing rugby league”(here here) and as this is still and RL I’ll live with that

(6) the agenda now is Diablo should come forward and give reason why he act so ineptly.
Was he goaded into doing this by a third party ?did he act alone in so should surrender
his moderating privileges as this is clearly beyond his capabilities

Just quietly

Jilliby kitty

Highlander

Juniors
alot of good young talent coming through that will need to be retained hope he stays but can understand if he leaves must keep harrison but

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
yeah interesting - how he was interested in going back to the warriors, but they went for tate @ 400,000 a season instead.
I'm sure he would of came back for 320,000 a year maybe even 300,0000.

Reckon he would have a good crack at the all blacks - even if he wasnt a regular he would easily earn the same amount of money as he does in the NRL.
But with him eying up the NZ rugby shows that he is not just after the money.

Stranger

Coach
Marshall_magic said:
funny how when an Australian player is targeted by union league does everything to keep them, but when its a kiwi they don't seem to give a rats ass.
Do you really believe this? You can't be that much of an idiot, its not possible.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Stranger said:
Do you really believe this? You can't be that much of an idiot, its not possible.

I thinks its because Whatuira - is quite, nice guy not the typical arrogant willie mason type or he's not just coming out like Eric Growthe and saying he's interested in rugby to bump up his price.

But the fact he is a kiwi doesnt help

Stranger

Coach
I agree re: profile. You have a bigger profile you are likely to get alot more recognitions and the NRL will want to keep you.

I don't think its because he is a Kiwi, more of a status thing. May be wrong to judge it like that but its reputation to the NRL first. Whatuira isn't exactly irreplaceable either.

Stranger said:
I agree re: profile. You have a bigger profile you are likely to get alot more recognitions and the NRL will want to keep you.

I don't think its because he is a Kiwi, more of a status thing. May be wrong to judge it like that but its reputation to the NRL first. Whatuira isn't exactly irreplaceable either.

He doesn't get the wraps that some of the top line centres in the NRL get, but to be honest, I wouldn't trade him for any of them. His defence is world class, his attack is great, and he rarely has a bad game, it's no co-incidence that who ever he plays for has a good season, one of the top 5 centers in the world imo, and probably the most underrated.

Latest posts