What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas' mother in crash on GC - three dead, she survived

borisdog

Juniors
She can't be deported anyway. Just racists being racist
She CAN be deported, if convicted and if she is not an Australian citizen.

Have a read.

Multiple ways there.

Last edited:

borisdog

Juniors
Thank you for confirming my point.
I didn't confirm either of your points.

One I proved incorrect, if she isn't an Australian citizen. If she is an Australian citizen then she obviously can't be deported. Which I said right at the outset.

The other wasn't a point so much as an assumption. And, in my case, a long way off the mark.

Bazal

Post Whore
I didn't confirm either of your points.

One I proved incorrect, if she isn't an Australian citizen. If she is an Australian citizen then she obviously can't be deported. Which I said right at the outset.

The other wasn't a point so much as an assumption. And, in my case, a long way off the mark.

My dude the article you linked specifically states that you cannot be deported if you are a resident for at least ten years. Which is also what I relied on for my post. You're relying on an assumption that "brown person is not Aussie"

Given Payne was born in NSW in 1999 I'd suggest you'll have a hard time arguing she could be deported. The minister would have to order it, which has little to no precedent in this circumstance. She can't be deported just cos she's brown and a POS regardless of how much you want her to be

borisdog

Juniors
I'm not your dude.

Show me where I said "A brown person is not an Aussie". You seem to like throwing the "OOOOH OOOOH RACIST" slur around. Show me a single thing I've posted in this thread that is directly racist, rather than your own hypersensitivity.

I don't care what colour criminals are. Nor what race/religion/nationality/gender. If they are not Australian citizens they should be returned to their country of nationality either after serving their term of imprisonment or , preferably, immediately on conviction. And I would expect no less of foreign countries in their dealings with criminals of ours convicted in said countries.

The character test is an avenue for deportation, no legal precedent doesn't mean it can't happen. A precedent is something that is "set". If the government has an appetite for it then they'll have a go. Not to mention Governments change laws all the time. Retrospectivity would be useless in this case, but it'd be there for the next grub.

It is all, as I've repeatedly said, a moot point if Joan is a citizen.

Mojo

Bench
Here‘s an idea … why don’t we find a really remote island where we can send all our criminals? - oh, er, um, … on second thought …

Pneuma

First Grade
I'm not your dude.

Show me where I said "A brown person is not an Aussie". You seem to like throwing the "OOOOH OOOOH RACIST" slur around. Show me a single thing I've posted in this thread that is directly racist, rather than your own hypersensitivity.

I don't care what colour criminals are. Nor what race/religion/nationality/gender. If they are not Australian citizens they should be returned to their country of nationality either after serving their term of imprisonment or , preferably, immediately on conviction. And I would expect no less of foreign countries in their dealings with criminals of ours convicted in said countries.

The character test is an avenue for deportation, no legal precedent doesn't mean it can't happen. A precedent is something that is "set". If the government has an appetite for it then they'll have a go. Not to mention Governments change laws all the time. Retrospectivity would be useless in this case, but it'd be there for the next grub.

It is all, as I've repeatedly said, a moot point if Joan is a citizen.
Settle petal.

t-ba

Post Whore
Here‘s an idea … why don’t we find a really remote island where we can send all our criminals? - oh, er, um, … on second thought …

What I really like is that they sent convicts to Sydney. If you were naughty there, Cockatoo Island. If you were naughty there, Van Diemen's Land. If you were naughty there, Norfolk Island!

Surely a system that worked!

Latest posts