What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas' mother in crash on GC - three dead, she survived

seanoff

Juniors
Australian diplomacy never gets anyone out of anywhere. A bow and a bend over.

Look at Assange for example.

Payne is better off trying to bribe some overseas officials.

Corby “ looked guilty” lol.

We’ve got as much influence as Flanno has on Zac Lomax.
If you peddle drugs in Asia you are really well in the realm of “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” It’s not the govts job to save your arse if you know the rules. He’s not some innocent / broke / blackmailed mule, he’s high up the chain. He’s made his choice.

Haas senior is “half” Filipino, maybe he camrely on that to be dealt with there. No death penalty.

A8D6B417-206A-46D3-A64B-6B0E9095186C.jpeg307F09F4-AE38-4730-AF79-D65993AF028B.png

He hits 2 counts for the extradition, ouch.

If you peddle drugs in Asia you are really well in the realm of “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” It’s not the govts job to save your arse if you know the rules. He’s not some innocent / broke / blackmailed mule, he’s high up the chain. He’s made his choice.
I take your point, absolutely, but I’m opposed to the death penalty. Especially with sub standard East Asian legal systems in play.

Ask a Filipino or Indonesian about their legal systems.

I think he’d do up to 20 years here in NSW. A huge whack by our standards.

Worst category.

The Philippines is a desperately poor country thanks to a huge disparity of wealth.

Corruption might be the way to go. Presidents can pardon people over there.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I agree with you here. According to these reports, he seems well and truly immersed in the drug trade so I have no sympathy for this guy. When you do drugs in South-East Asia, you know the consequences for getting caught....he ran the gauntlet anyway. I think the Aust govt will stay well and truly away from this one.

Wizardman

First Grade
I take your point, absolutely, but I’m opposed to the death penalty. Especially with sub standard East Asian legal systems in play.

Ask a Filipino or Indonesian about their legal systems.

I think he’d do up to 20 years here in NSW. A huge whack by our standards.

Worst category.

The Philippines is a desperately poor country thanks to a huge disparity of wealth.

Corruption might be the way to go. Presidents can pardon people over there.
It doesn't really matter what you or I are opposed to in another country. If you visit another country, you need to abide by those laws or cop the punishments those countries meter out to criminals.

It doesn't really matter what you or I are opposed to in another country. If you visit another country, you need to abide by those laws or cop the punishments those countries meter out to criminals.
Surely youre not arguing the death penalty is appropriate for Hass senior?

Not even El Chapo is being executed!

There’s a lot of countries whose laws Australia doesnt recognise… because they are a joke.

And I read our own AFP may have got its hands grubby again in this. They famously tipped off the Indonesians resulting in 2 of the Bali nine being executed by firing squad. Kids as well.

We have values in this country, the sanctity and preciousness of life rules over them all.

Not that we have a perfect legal system.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Surely youre not arguing the death penalty is appropriate for Hass senior?

Not even El Chapo is being executed!

There’s a lot of countries whose laws Australia doesnt recognise… because they are a joke.

And I read our own AFP may have got its hands grubby again in this. They famously tipped off the Indonesians resulting in 2 of the Bali nine being executed by firing squad. Kids as well.

We have values in this country, the sanctity and preciousness of life rules over them all.

Not that we have a perfect legal system.
Once again, it doesn't matter what we think about the death penalty being appropriate or not. Haas absolutely knew the rules and the consequences for breaking them. He is at the mercy of that country's judicial system now.

I agree with you in that there are some laws around the world that I completely disagree with. Laws that punish homosexuality for instance are abhorrent. In saying that though, if I was a homosexual, those countries are absolutely ones that I'd stay away from for as wrong as those laws are....they ARE the laws of that country.

I have no issue with the AFP being involved with the Hass case. Their job is to stamp out crime, not to advocate for the safety of Haas. The two that were executed had their hands deeper in the drug trade than the other seven. They basically put the seven drug mules in the predicament they found themselves in.

Once again, it doesn't matter what we think about the death penalty being appropriate or not. Haas absolutely knew the rules and the consequences for breaking them. He is at the mercy of that country's judicial system now.

I agree with you in that there are some laws around the world that I completely disagree with. Laws that punish homosexuality for instance are abhorrent. In saying that though, if I was a homosexual, those countries are absolutely ones that I'd stay away from for as wrong as those laws are....they ARE the laws of that country.

I have no issue with the AFP being involved with the Hass case. Their job is to stamp out crime, not to advocate for the safety of Haas. The two that were executed had their hands deeper in the drug trade than the other seven. They basically put the seven drug mules in the predicament they found themselves in.

You haven’t answered the question Sir.

Assuming the charges are well founded and he is convicted, does he deserve to be put to death or not?

Yes or no?

The AFP’s role in the Bali nine was scandalous, it was a disgrace and they apologised.

Is it the AFP’s job to uphold laws in countries that make homosexuality illegal? Of course not.

But on your argument, they are expected to stamp out crime aren’t they?

They should have no role whatsoever in facilitating state sanctioned murder, which is illegal in this country.

That they still can’t connect the dots, or simply wash heir hands of the consequences-is shameful, negligent and reckless. They aren’t upholding the laws of this country, they are upholding laws of others.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
steve carrell anchorman GIF by FirstAndMonday

Latest posts