What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachy try proven to be the correct decision

soc123_au

Staff member
Funnt that Panthers fans are the only ones that see zero issue with that being a try.
Show one rule or piece of evidence that supports it not being a try. Are you suggesting that legitimate trys according to the rules should be disallowed if they are considered arsey?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Too much white noise from the mongs that still claim he touched it. The rule has been the same since day one, for the amount of time it happens I cant see it up for change any time soon. The ones that piss me off are the clear knock backs that are called knock ons.

No doubt it won't be changed, this situation is such a rare occurrence that it would be very low on the priority list.

But it does concern me with the way video has crept into the game that some rules should be looked at a little closer, and this would be one of them. Before the video ref that would nearly always be a knock on without question.

How many times has a fullback dropped a bomb, but when you see it on replay it goes back from their hands and then bounces off their legs or goes back and then bounces forward. It's always called a knock on and more importantly the players never really question it.

Once video is brought into it, the frame by frame creep can make things look a lot worse from one angle, a lot better from another. It becomes a world of technicalities that for mine are a dangerous place to be making decisions on rather than pure common sense. I think the video ref is important overall despite the anguish, but I definitely think there should be some simplification over certain rules to prevent overcomplicating the influence that video has on the modern game.

For me defences shouldn't be dealing with balls propelled off an attacker's chest. Players catch the ball with their hands, but they also catch the ball with their chest. The idea that it can't be a knock on off the chest is something that for me defies logic.

M2D2

Bench
I still find it funny manly fans are claiming a finger bent backwards from the ball, yet you can see in the footage that he never touched it.
Laces-were-in-e1452516000503.jpg

TIGER14

Bench
Show one rule or piece of evidence that supports it not being a try. Are you suggesting that legitimate trys according to the rules should be disallowed if they are considered arsey?

I can't decide whether he definitely touched it or not, I think he did but can't say for sure. But I 100% believe the rules should be amended.
Peachey tried numerous times to gain control of the ball and failed to do so, all the while propelling the ball forward. There's no way that embarrassment of footy should be able to be awarded with a try.

Fangs

Coach
Did we really need any more evidence? It was obviously a try. Christ Manly fans are butt hurt right now.

The Beaver

Juniors
He tried to catch it, but he's so much of a spud that he couldn't even get a hand to it. He's own ineptness helped him score the try. Funny in a way.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I think 'finger of Tyrone' scoring the try and getting up tapping the chest is what fooled the ref. Sutton is a gullible prick.

The Beaver

Juniors
Did we really need any more evidence? It was obviously a try. Christ Manly fans are butt hurt right now.

I know Penrith fans aren't the brightest bunch, but I think Tiger14 supports the Wests Tigers, not Manly.

I think you'll find most Manly fans aren't too disappointed. We were never going to win the comp, so losing this week or losing next week is much of muchness. I can understand that a Week 2 exit is quite an achievement for the Penrith club though. Hell, just making the finals is cause for celebration at the foot of the mountains.

soc123_au

Staff member
I know Penrith fans aren't the brightest bunch, but I think Tiger14 supports the Wests Tigers, not Manly.

I think you'll find most Manly fans aren't too disappointed. We were never going to win the comp, so losing this week or losing next week is much of muchness. I can understand that a Week 2 exit is quite an achievement for the Penrith club though. Hell, just making the finals is cause for celebration at the foot of the mountains.

Yeah, pretty much. Years of watching other teams play finals consistently can make you pretty hungry for any finals game you can get, I wont deny it, and I suspect most Panthers fans would agree. As for when we exit, that remains to be seen. Where there is life, there is hope.

Seriously if you think fingers bend backwards like that for no reason you shouldn't breed

Actually Panthers fans should be castrated until they at least look for work, after 5 years of dole bludging remove it all root and stem

firechild

First Grade
Too much white noise from the mongs that still claim he touched it. The rule has been the same since day one, for the amount of time it happens I cant see it up for change any time soon. The ones that piss me off are the clear knock backs that are called knock ons.
The real problem is that on half way, that is called a knock on EVERY time. No rule should be interpreted differently based on where on the field it occurs.

Uate's try was a try all year against us

Walker was onside

Peachy knocked on

NRL wants a fairytale and if they can't have one they'll make it up like the Sharks and Rabbletohs in the past few years

soc123_au

Staff member
The real problem is that on half way, that is called a knock on EVERY time. No rule should be interpreted differently based on where on the field it occurs.
You will get no argument from me on that point. It shits me when obvious knock backs get called as a knock on.

soc123_au

Staff member
Uate's try was a try all year against us

Walker was onside

Peachy knocked on

NRL wants a fairytale and if they can't have one they'll make it up like the Sharks and Rabbletohs in the past few years
Keep going, I'm almost there....