What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
I can not tell you how frustrated I was watching this game. We needed absolutely everything to go our way to win and the boys started well and were int he fight. Then what small chance we had to win was ruined by this ridiculous crack down that yet again we were on the wrong side of. Penrith probably come over the top of us anyways, they didn't need the help.

Sitilli and Walker being scratched pre-game was obviously not ideal either

I thought, yet again, the boys were valiant in an extremely difficult situation. Once the binning happened, the momentum never shifted and Penrith attacked relentlessly. A lot of other teams would have conceded 50 plus and I reckon we did well to keep working in defence until the end.

Melbourne next and call me stupid but I am feeling a bit bullish about this one. We are at the SCG where we almost always play well, Storm are due a loss and they had a few injuries out of the other night. As we showed in our first meeting with them, we certainly won't let them run over us regardless of who we are missing.

One final point, we are at emergency levels with Lam IMO, he just offers nothing. I think we have to pull the trigger on Manu 6, Walker 7 and Sualli 4 for the remainder of the season. Sualli has had a tough introduction to first grade but I would rather lose and continue his development than continue with Lam.

3 Teddy ( thought his positioning was superb on those kicks and he saved a few tries)
2 JWH
1 Baker

Agree with all above comments. Sad to say I see little future in Lam remaining in the 17. It’s a shame as I thought he had turned a corner in the game against titans. Our kicking remains ineffective while he’s there and the missed kick for touch coming when we finally got some ball after a mountain of defending, was breathtaking and unforgivable. Our young guys struggled and you could see the frustration in Teddy. I’m not sure what to expect against Storm. They lose a few but we lose Teddy and Angus on top of our other outs and the officiating gives me no confidence for a fair contest.
3. JWH
2. Teddy
1. Angus

Valheru

Coach
Agree with all above comments. Sad to say I see little future in Lam remaining in the 17. It’s a shame as I thought he had turned a corner in the game against titans. Our kicking remains ineffective while he’s there and the missed kick for touch coming when we finally got some ball after a mountain of defending, was breathtaking and unforgivable. Our young guys struggled and you could see the frustration in Teddy. I’m not sure what to expect against Storm. They lose a few but we lose Teddy and Angus on top of our other outs and the officiating gives me no confidence for a fair contest.
3. JWH
2. Teddy
1. Angus
There is no guarantee we lose Teddy and Angus though?

NAS is suspended and Grant has to be long odds. Paps won't be back as well and add to that Munster, Kaufusi, JAC, Welch and (possibly) Finucine are in the same boat as Teddy and Angus.

There is no guarantee we lose Teddy and Angus though?

NAS is suspended and Grant has to be long odds. Paps won't be back as well and add to that Munster, Kaufusi, JAC, Welch and (possibly) Finucine are in the same boat as Teddy and Angus.
Yeh, you’re right bud, just thinking’ the worst, which isn’t that unreasonable given our year - although Teddy’s dickie hip…

Headless Chook

Juniors
I can’t remember much of the game now so I’ll give handing out points a miss but from what I can recall we tried our guts out. We started well but we’re never in the race after Penrith started playing footy.

The sin binning was disappointing but doubt it would’ve prevented the loss. We are only just hanging in there.

There are shades of 2016 about this season.

SST should never have been sin binned - it was an absolute disgrace!

That completely changed the complexion of the game. We were never going to win after that. I was happy with our valiant effort.

3. JWH
2. Teddy
1. Angus

Although I found it hard in that game to separate most of the players.