What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith win ho hum

Any of you fools who think for one second that I am going to change my tune can think again. The fact is Penrith beat us with 4 of our top players out. I thought we would be too good for you even allowing for our weakened team. I was wrong, but the small (large) matter remains that we were understrength (4 internationals out). When Penrith beats us with our top side then I will concede that they are a better side than I've given them credit for. I will admit that they are better than I thought but just remember Penrith were at full strength on Friday night. One other thing, Easts are still leading the comp and we are still the premiership favourites and as far as I'm concerned we are still the best team in the comp. Using the words of a few Penrith fans, premierships are not won in April. Unfortunately we have to wait until round 23 to play Penrith again. I'm not worried. Dissapointed yes, but not worried. Bring it on Brisbane. :D

sydraider

First Grade
I agree with the full team scenario coggie, i thought that if you had wing and cayless out there at least, things might have been different. The thing is though that penrith have matured, they are a very patient team nowadays, i witnessed that myself in canberra. Another thing is the week before against the dogs, gus gould and co were raving on about the tremendous depth the roosters have. Still i am not a hypocrite, if the raiders had four of their top players out, i would adopt the same stance.
Friday is gonna be a cracker, tallis looked like his old self today and i think the broncos are a lot better team than most ppl thought they would be, anyways should be good cant wait for the game.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
sydraider said:
I agree with the full team scenario coggie, i thought that if you had wing and cayless out there at least, things might have been different. The thing is though that penrith have matured, they are a very patient team nowadays, i witnessed that myself in canberra. Another thing is the week before against the dogs, gus gould and co were raving on about the tremendous depth the roosters have. Still i am not a hypocrite, if the raiders had four of their top players out, i would adopt the same stance.
Friday is gonna be a cracker, tallis looked like his old self today and i think the broncos are a lot better team than most ppl thought they would be, anyways should be good cant wait for the game.

What a Crock of Shit.

The Dragons play on a weekly basis with 2 to 5 internationals out, We dont make excuses, we still beat the Roosters, the Dogs, The Panthers and the Broncos. with More than 5 players out each time.

Against the Roosters we had 4 internationals out, against the Broncs we had 5 out, against the dogs we had a few out.

Yet injuries are part of football. You got out played by the panthers ALL OVER THE PARK.

3 Footballes would not have made much difference.

Don't forget the Panthers missed 4 Very good try scoring chances, and bombed 2 themselves.

The Roosters had 2 chances outside of the ones they did score.

pffft Mr Cockburn

troydodds

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
When Penrith beats us with our top side then I will concede that they are a better side than I've given them credit for.

Round three, 2003
2003 Grand Final

Enough for you to concede?

Do you have some sort of issue with Penrith? You spend plenty of time bagging them, in fact more time finding excuses for your side losing to them then actually celebrating the fact that your team are in reasonable form.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Any of you fools who think for one second that I am going to change my tune can think again. The fact is Penrith beat us with 4 of our top players out. I thought we would be too good for you even allowing for our weakened team. I was wrong, but the small (large) matter remains that we were understrength (4 internationals out). When Penrith beats us with our top side then I will concede that they are a better side than I've given them credit for. I will admit that they are better than I thought but just remember Penrith were at full strength on Friday night. One other thing, Easts are still leading the comp and we are still the premiership favourites and as far as I'm concerned we are still the best team in the comp. Using the words of a few Penrith fans, premierships are not won in April. Unfortunately we have to wait until round 23 to play Penrith again. I'm not worried. Dissapointed yes, but not worried. Bring it on Brisbane. :D

Fitzgibbon,
Fitler
Ricko
Mini
Crocker
Hodges
Morley
Walker

You lost with all these Rep players.

How many do the Panthers have, if you want to tread that crap.

Sore Loser.

miccle

Bench
:lol: Knew there would be an excuse...

"We had 4 internationals out." Turn it up Cogburn, that's rugby league. Just get ready for this friday night cos it's gonna be HUGE. Our boys are primed to take care of the roosters and i can't wait :)

mightypanther

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. wrote:
Any of you fools who think for one second that I am going to change my tune can think again. The fact is Penrith beat us with 4 of our top players out. I thought we would be too good for you even allowing for our weakened team. I was wrong, but the small (large) matter remains that we were understrength (4 internationals out). When Penrith beats us with our top side then I will concede that they are a better side than I've given them credit for. I will admit that they are better than I thought but just remember Penrith were at full strength on Friday night. One other thing, Easts are still leading the comp and we are still the premiership favourites and as far as I'm concerned we are still the best team in the comp. Using the words of a few Penrith fans, premierships are not won in April. Unfortunately we have to wait until round 23 to play Penrith again. I'm not worried. Dissapointed yes, but not worried. Bring it on Brisbane.

Here we go again :roll:

:blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb:

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

-

Kaz

junior
Can't you see that RC has got you again. :lol:

He is stirring everyone.

Johns Magic

Referee
Cayless- Don't start acting like this guy would have helped you win the game because he wouldn't have. Even players like Lomu have represented NZ so you don't have to be anything special.

Wing- Fair call, but by having Crocker at hooker you aren't losing as much as you would have- Crocker was one of your best anyway

Hegarty- Sh!t player. Don't understand how he gets into these rep teams at all.

Tommy Smith

Referee
miccle said:
Just get ready for this friday night cos it's gonna be HUGE. Our boys are primed to take care of the roosters and i can't wait :)
Oh no, Brisbane are gonna be primed. :lol: Your team is pretty ordinary this year and we're a very angry team after a loss. At the SFS, we're almost a sure thing. :D Even if we're without Hegarty, Cayless, Fitzgibbon, Wing and maybe Morley.

dice

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
The Dragons play on a weekly basis with 2 to 5 internationals out, We dont make excuses, we still beat the Roosters, the Dogs, The Panthers and the Broncos. with More than 5 players out each time.

Remind me. What position on the ladder did the saints finish without all their stars? What was your point again?

choc_soldier

Coach
The Roosters team was stronger than the one that gave it to the Dogs the week before. They seem to still play very well without their key players.

Except when they play Penrith. :D

Tommy Smith

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Wing- Fair call, but by having Crocker at hooker you aren't losing as much as you would have- Crocker was one of your best anyway
Whoa, you're way off there. Craig Wing is far and away the most dynamic dummy half in the game. Crocker on the other hand provides very slow service from dummy half; not that you can blame him as he's a 2nd rower.

Anyway injuries didn't cost us victory. Sure we would have performed better with the likes of Wing but that wouldn't have changed the fact that Penrith out-played and more importantly out-enthused us on the night.

Tommy Smith

Referee
dice said:
Stgillaman said:

Remind me. What position on the ladder did the saints finish without all their stars? What was your point again?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one. :lol:

ParraPanther, we weren't as strong this week because we lost Fitzy very early and we alos had Crossy back who had a shocker. Would have been better off without him.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
dice said:
Stgillaman said:

We finished in Equal 9th Position.

Barrett 5 Games, Ryles 10, Gasnier 10, Timmins 15, Blackock 15..

Like i have said Before, and 90 % of the people here would agree, other than a Few Dingbats.

Take Fitler, Morely, Fitzgibbon, Hodges, Wing out of teh Roosters side and have them play the same amount of games, and do you think they would make the top 13 ??

Dont think so. They lose Freddy they get the Earthquake Shake.

Thats the point. NO EXCUSES

dice

Juniors
There was no equal 9th. You guys finished 10th

According to your theory they still would have gone just as bad even with their stars in the side.

Rooster Cogburn. said:
When Penrith beats us with our top side then I will concede that they are a better side than I've given them credit for.

Uhhh cogburn, we did that on Sunday October 5th 2003!!!!!! \\:D/

mightypanther

Juniors
Hey Big Panther Cool.

I vote we make a few allowances for Cockburn's obvious stupidity,
because it's kind of sad really, and my mum always taught me to
take pity on stray dogs and stupid people.... ;-) :lol:

mightypanther said:
Hey Big Panther Cool.

I vote we make a few allowances for Cockburn's obvious stupidity,
because it's kind of sad really, and my mum always taught me to
take pity on stray dogs and stupid people.... ;-) :lol:

True True mightypanther.

But then again, I'd hate to put stray dogs and rooster cogburn in the same sentence. Those poor stray dogs.................. :lol:

Latest posts