What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perth to save NRL!

It's settled!

The posters from Perth have laid all the cards on the table and decided Perth is needed to make rugby league great again.

The broadcasters really want this team because regular season NRL games on 9Gem draw 6-15k viewers in Perth. The Pirates will bring our next broadcast deal in line with the $4.5B secured by AwFuL.

The Kangaroos will be renamed the Western Australia Kangaroos because it will be full of WARL juniors, hand-picked from its 3k player base.

Pirates will draw an average of 42k to Perth Stadium with 50k members.

How will the east coast clubs compete against this juggernaut?

We just need Adelaide as team 19 to ascend beyond AwFuL.

Pneuma

First Grade
It's settled!

The posters from Perth have laid all the cards on the table and decided Perth is needed to make rugby league great again.

The broadcasters really want this team because regular season NRL games on 9Gem draw 6-15k viewers in Perth. The Pirates will bring our next broadcast deal in line with the $4.5B secured by AwFuL.

The Kangaroos will be renamed the Western Australia Kangaroos because it will be full of WARL juniors, hand-picked from its 3k player base.

Pirates will draw an average of 42k to Perth Stadium with 50k members.

How will the east coast clubs compete against this juggernaut?

We just need Adelaide as team 19 to ascend beyond AwFuL.
Potato

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I am all for Perth but I find it hilarious that getting this 'dot on the map' into the NRL will take us from a 'non-national' sport, to a national sport - lol

We already have teams available to the three major population centres NSW, QLD and VIC, plus a team available to NZ's biggest population centre.

I am all for Perth but I find it hilarious that getting this 'dot on the map' into the NRL will take us from a 'non-national' sport, to a national sport - lol

We already have teams available to the three major population centres NSW, QLD and VIC, plus a team available to NZ's biggest population centre.

Adding a team in Perth won't make us a national sport. We will still have no representation in Adelaide.

I'd argue that a second and third team in New Zealand would be a better investment than one in Perth and one in Adelaide. Strengthening Test RL will generate more revenue for the game than carving out a niche in Adelaide and Perth.

Bukowski

Juniors

So true, it's only people that have the mindset of Gallop that talk about dots on map. Luckily he got moved on

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Adding a team in Perth won't make us a national sport. We will still have no representation in Adelaide.

I'd argue that a second and third team in New Zealand would be a better investment than one in Perth and one in Adelaide. Strengthening Test RL will generate more revenue for the game than carving out a niche in Adelaide and Perth.
Completely agree. NZ needs to be strengthened into our third stronghold alongside NSW and QLD. It is low hanging fruit.

Latest posts