What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Siddle - THE MAGNIFICENT

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Jeez, thank God you got dynamite Doug back in the team, m i rite?

The bloke bowls like James Franklin, bats and fields like Chris Martin, and looks like Scott Styris. Even the Black Caps wouldn't pick that combination.

yappy

Bench
D E Bollinger v New Zealand 2010
1st Test Wellington
7/108

2nd Test Hamilton
5/144

12 Wickets @ 21

I think the Black Caps would pick that combination every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Jeez, thank God you got dynamite Doug back in the team, m i rite?

The bloke bowls like James Franklin, bats and fields like Chris Martin, and looks like Scott Styris. Even the Black Caps wouldn't pick that combination.

Lol, sheep f**ker.

50 wickets @ 25 you sheep f**kers wish you had someone of that calibre.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Lol, sheep f**ker.

50 wickets @ 25 you sheep f**kers wish you had someone of that calibre.

lol classic

You're very quick to put the boot in to NZ, yet conveniently overlook that Dougie's stats are only decent because of wickets taken against sh*t NZ batsmen and Pakistanis who were getting out on purpose!

The Pomgoloids said it best in The Guardian:

‘‘‘Doug the rug’ has established a cult following after a successful 2009/10 summer spent taking wickets against Pakistanis at Test level. This is akin to claiming to be a ladies man because you sleep with loads of hookers.”

TheParraboy

Staff member
I couldnt think of a better way to celebrate Peter Siddles return to the test side (3rd test in Columbo) by bringing up this thread

Go Peter do us proud

Peter+Siddle+Portrait+Session+3T74nmbnvdql.jpg

Timbo

Staff member
And everyone who trumpeted that Marsh batting at 3 in the second test was a good thing because he was only replacing Ponting as a one off and it would disrupt Khawaja moving him up the order... Well there you go.

We've dominated two test matches yet I am now banking on a 1-1 finish.

snoozer

Bench
arggghhnnnthhheeeerrrrmmmmnnnnumnumnumnum.

(the sound of anger, frustration, mental pain and, finally, resignation)

beads6

First Grade
Siddle has improved out of sight. Bowling average now under 30 and it could continue to improve. Not the most talented but always tries the hardest.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Maybe a bit like Merv's career. Merv started off bowling garbage but really picked up and became a frontline bowler with aggro. Especially after his 8 for against the Windies. His batting picked up as well.

Latest posts