What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition for Kangaroo Squad selection

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Campbell should have been picked i can't believe it. If it was a different coach Kimmorley obviously wouldn't be there, he isn't a good player.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Let them pick a worse team. GB winning will be the best thing for RL over there and give the international game more credit.

Stop wasting your time with a stupid petition like this one and have one to send to the newspapers to show you want less AFL and RU and more RL news.

Send one to TV stations with the same reasons.

Send one to radio stations.

Be a true passionate fan and do it.

Special K

Coach
pepstar87 said:
Campbell should have been picked i can't believe it. If it was a different coach Kimmorley obviously wouldn't be there, he isn't a good player.
You are a f**king idiot.

Pull your head out of your arse.

and that petition is just......

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
can you add the fact the Raiders havent had a sole representative australian player all year, a top 4 team! even souths had a rep player!!

Dragonschik

Juniors
Hulkamanic 36 said:
pepstar87 said:
You are a f***ing idiot.

Pull your head out of your arse.

and that petition is just......

Hulkamanic 36 can you seriuosly tell me that if anderson wasn't the coach kimmorley would have been in the team?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Match stats courtesy NRL.com

Grand Final, 2003

Panthers TKL LBK HIT OFF MIS ERR

P Campbell 23 0 7 0 10 2

That's why Campbell didn't tour.

Kimmorley has long been second only to Andrew Johns as the best halfback we have. He remains the only person, probably ever, to have pushed Joey out of the halfback role. And I don't recall Noddy ever stuffing it up, either.

With so many big names out, it was imperative that they had an experienced head out here. I picked it 3 weeks ago, when everyone else was going on about Matt Orford and anasta. I said Kimmorley would tour, and the premiership winning halfback, unless it was Easts or the Warriors, would go.

Jimbo

Immortal
Misty Bee said:
Match stats courtesy NRL.com

Grand Final, 2003

P Campbell 23 0 7 0 10 2

Kimmorley has long been second only to Andrew Johns as the best halfback we have. He remains the only person, probably ever, to have pushed Joey out of the halfback role. And I don't recall Noddy ever stuffing it up, either.

With so many big names out, it was imperative that they had an experienced head out here. I picked it 3 weeks ago, when everyone else was going on about Matt Orford and anasta. I said Kimmorley would tour, and the premiership winning halfback, unless it was Easts or the Warriors, would go.

Thankyou.

Agro

Juniors
can you add the fact the Raiders havent had a sole representative australian player all year, a top 4 team! even souths had a rep player!!

The position a team finishes on the table shouldnt determine how many players they have in a rep team. A team may work fantastic as a group however not have any standouts. And visa versa a team may be shithouse working as a group (souths) however have a few brilliant players who would thrive in a better team. i.e Brian Fletcher

Agro

Juniors
Im not 100% behind BK's selection. however IMO A player with the consistancy and experience that Bk has, cant be much of a liability in such an inexperienced team.

cross bar cam

Juniors
elmagic said:
I've made a petition saying that people like Brett Kimmorely shouldn't have been picked and people like Preston Campbell Steve Price and Matt Orford should've. If your interested in signing go to:

http://www.kimmorleypetition.cjb.net

The emotion of the grand final and the end of a season brings out the best in some people. Why don't we just pick 51 players so we play a different 17 in each test. Maybe a few from the Jim Beam and Premier league deserve to be picked too because they looked good on tele.
It is easy to sit in judgment and bag people but in the fair dinkum department to say Brett Kimmorley is an ordinary players confirms that you are a very poor judge of a footballer.

obsulete

Juniors
Oh spewing, I thought this was a petition to get your self in the squad. I thought I wouldn't mind a trip over to the UK for something to do.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Misty Bee said:

P Campbell 23 0 7 0 10 2

The only thing Campbell does wrong is miss tackles, and whats the big deal anyway, ok he may miss a few tackles but hes still a good player and makes good runs and sets up tries.

Picking Kimmorely and leaving Campbell out is one of the biggest controversial selections ive seen.

Anderson should go after the tour.

JJ

Immortal
Kimmorley's not a defensive power house either, lol.

They are all good players, if we're honest. Campbell should have gone because they haven't picked a single player who was playing 5/8 for their clubside. For mine, that makes it a big slap in the face for him - obviously the coach was dead-set against him to assume that guys who haven't been playing the position would do a better job.

For mine
Johns>Gower>Jones>Sherman>Kimmorley>Orford>Firman

with no's 5 and 6 rapidly closing in on Noddy, and soon to overtake

aqua_duck

Coach
I got nothing against Kimmorley's selection in the squad, however Campbell's omission is a joke considering he was the premiership winning 5/8th and there is no 5/8th in that squad. I also can't believe Willie Mason has made that squad ahead of his bulldogs team mate Steve Price. Mason has done pretty much nothi9ng all year, every game he plays the commentators always say how he's going to break the game apart, well on almost every occasion, its a few drop balls, a few tackles, and its bye bye Willie. I have yet to see him stand up and be counted when the going gets tough and the stakes are high. He plays well when the team is say 20 or 30 points in front and they got all the momentum, but as I like to say, "When the going gets tough, Willie doesn't get going"

PB

Bench
To quote anderson, Kimmorly is playing this weekend to get some match practice as he hasnt played for four weeks.."
TIME out!

Since when do you allow players to get "match practice" during a test match!

Who is the form halfback?, answer Gower. Who is the next most inform half?.. answer Orford. its that simple.

And while people are putting up prestons stats, does someone want to show me the stats that say Willie Mason should be in that side!?