What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo of Illawarra heritage jersey

Dragon

Coach
Looks good to me, i think this should be our away kit.

heritagejersey.jpg

Id like to hear what the RL community think of it.

Cheers.

I think it would be great.

I heard Penrith wanted to use a retro jersey but were not alloed because of copyright problems. Thats a real shame to, I would love to have seen the old brown and white jerseys getting a run.

DIEHARD

----
I think Red should be reserved for a new NRL team. There is no predominately red club atm. Dolphins maybe? ;-)

Good to see the old Steelers jersey. Good to see a proper heritage jersey its identical to the original. Unlike the Broncos schmozzle.

I'm looking forward to them taking to the field.

Diehard said:
I think Red should be reserved for a new NRL team. There is no predominately red club atm. Dolphins maybe? ;-)

Good to see the old Steelers jersey. Good to see a proper hertiage jersey its identical to the original. Unlike the Broncos schmozzle.

I'm looking forward to them taking to the field.

The Broncos jersey looks so bloody stupid....it looks gay. There is no other way to describe a football jersey without a collar other then to say it looks gay! :lol:

They had a great chnace to show what their retro jersey looked like but with that gay collar.....it was a joke. And how about putting the years they won the competition on there...1997. They didnt win THE competition in 1997. They won THEIR competition in 1997.

Do you ever hear people talking about THEIR 1997 competition? NO.

How often do you hear people talking about Newcastle winning the 1997 Grand Final though.

Rant Over! :D

DIEHARD

----
nospam49 said:

How often do you hear people talking about Newcastle winning the 1997 Grand Final though.

I still class the 1997 Super League "Championship" as a valid Premiership, but maybe I'm bias because I'm a Broncos fan. But I believe I'd still hold the same opinion if Cronulla ( :lol: ) or Canberra or Canterbury would have won it.

But you are correct, you never hear anyone talk about SL 97 and the 97 ARL GF is a popular talking point.

Too bad they didn't have a 'Super Bowl' to celebrate reunification eh? ;-)

I think it was only Broncos fans that would remember anything about Super League. After all it was their competition. :)

DIEHARD

----
The ARL competition was certainly superior. I'm sure Brisbane would have beaten Newcastle though. At least they did when they finally met in NRL 98.

Rexxy

Coach
Divisive , and oh so wrong on every level you look.

A marketing disaster waitin to happen. We were one club but now we are two again.

You wouldn’t wear it as an away jumper unless you were headed for an away game in hell.

It should be shat on and burnt.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Rex said:
Divisive , and oh so wrong on every level you look.

A marketing disaster waitin to happen. We were one club but now we are two again.

You wouldn’t wear it as an away jumper unless you were headed for an away game in hell.

It should be shat on and burnt.

Disagree ....whats wrong with using it as an away jersey...is it any more wrong than usin g the Dragons jersey as the home jersey?

thickos

First Grade
they should wear that every week. acknowledge that its the illawarra side of things on the field that is keeping that team going.

nospam49 said:
They had a great chnace to show what their retro jersey looked like but with that gay collar.....it was a joke. And how about putting the years they won the competition on there...1997. They didnt win THE competition in 1997. They won THEIR competition in 1997.

Brisbane 22, Manly 6. Round 1, 1998.
Brisbane 26, Newcastle 6. Round 6, 1998.
Brisbane 38, Canterbury 12. Grand Final, 1998.

Rexxy

Coach
Thickos, its easy for other fans to say what they think, but they don't have emotional investment to protect, and don't see the full picture. In fact many other fans love seeing this Steeler shite revisited because they know it destabilises our proud club. Your comment was a trolling exercise, but if you are serious, WE are one club now, and we don't need two dominant jumpers with the baggage and negativity.

How bout i said to you, "When's Canberra going to ditch their jumper and play in a Queenbeyan jumper to honour the players that came through the ranks".

You are also confusing hardware and software, or as its Royal easter Show time, I'll put it another way. The stick is the St george Club. Financially strong, long proud history, cash reserves and solid conservative management. Around that stick is the stuff that's yummy. The players, the coaches, the fans. That's the fairyfloss.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Rex said:
Thickos, its easy for other fans to say what they think, but they don't have emotional investment to protect, and don't see the full picture. In fact many other fans love seeing this Steeler shite revisited because they know it destabilises our proud club. Your comment was a trolling exercise, but if you are serious, WE are one club now, and we don't need two dominant jumpers with the baggage and negativity.

How bout i said to you, "When's Canberra going to ditch their jumper and play in a Queenbeyan jumper to honour the players that came through the ranks".

You are also confusing hardware and software, or as its Royal easter Show time, I'll put it another way. The stick is the St george Club. Financially strong, long proud history, cash reserves and solid conservative management. Around that stick is the stuff that's yummy. The players, the coaches, the fans. That's the fairyfloss.

Gee you talk bollocks Rex

Southernsaint

Staff member
Roosterphin said:
Rex said:

Gee you talk bollocks Rex

Top comeback :roll:

You kow nothing about St George or St George Illawarra, Roosterphin - you're a credibility vacuum.

Spot on, Rex. Although, I don't really think the Steelers brought many fans or a decent coach to the JV.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Rexxy

Coach
Even Roosterphins Kiwi Cousins know more about the issues at stake here. have you met Tim and Neil Phinn?

And who is up for an Avatar bet this weekend Vs the Tiges?

simon says

First Grade
I think its a disgrace that the supposed merger(hostile takeover)doesnt pay more homage to the steelers side.We all know that they provide most of the juniors,and all they get in return is 6 games at the Gong and their old socks.

The red jersey should be their away jersey,not letting them have it just shows that this was a takeover,and Saint George does not want to aknowldege the Illawarra part.....although quite happy to take the juniors.

Reeks of hypocricy,I reckons....... ;-)

Once Dead

Bench
I like the nostalgia trip.............its only a one off celebration of the Steelers entering the comp so its not as if it will cause THAT much division......i'd rather see this jersey instead of the blood and bandages one even though that one currently looks great.....then again, i support the Wests Tigers so what would i know about unity? lol

Latest posts