What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick your Kiwi team for the October test

Anonymous

Juniors
While he is a precocious attacking talent, its probably too early for Marshall. He's only 17, has played about 3 NRL games and is currently with the Aus Schoolboys? Putting him straight from that arena into Trans Tasman football is a huge jump in class and pace; if any of the Kangaroo forwards ran at him, they would trample straight over him. It would be lining up a feckless lamb to the slaughter.

I agree, but people should keep in mind that exactly the same applies to Leuluai.

On Lauiti'iti, I'm absolutely baffled by your comment about the Panthers game as he was the best Warriors attacking player on the park, his first 3 touches were all offloads in traffic, the second should have set up a try for Vinnie Anderson, and the third did set up a try for Villasanti, and everytime he runs the ball defenders are dragged in, he crosses the advantage line better than anyone, he is just a freak, a one in a million and I think it's sad how under-appreciated he is by some people.

I think if we're to beat the Aussies we can't expect to grind them down, we need to throw everything at them, all our most brilliant and talented players.

dimitri

First Grade
i totally agree with picking BENJI MARSHALL

and as someone else said

if hes not picked hell be poached by the roos

like other NZ'ers, pacific islanders, lebanese etc etc

id have benji marshall, leulai and tony all in the team

with one of them to come off the bench

Mighty Tiger

Bench
If NZ wanted to secure Benji as a NZ then he would be picked by a means of using this test as a bribe for him to play for the Kiwis.

But he won't be picked for any other reason apart from that. He is to young, he has had a big year not just in league but in Touch Footy as well and eventually the kid will have enough this season and will be struggling for next season.

I would at least wait 1 more season before he even gets nominated as a chioce for the NZ team let alone play in one.

ali

Bench
Speaking of Kiwis, is that kid Bronson Harrison is the NZ under 18 team, the kid who plays for Wigan?

Phillips

Referee
1. Fa'afili
2. N Vagana
3. C Toopi
4. P Whatuira
5. F Meli
6. S Faumuina
7. M Tony
8. N Cayless
9. M Betham
10. J Cayless