What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics from North Sydney Oval

Glory and Fame

Juniors
That ground certainly brings back memories for me - the old Northern Spirit days were some of the most insane sporting moments.
(for those who don't remember or never knew, Northern Spirit was a club in the old NSL, before the A-League came along - always promising much but delivering little but mediocrity and heartache. They came into being around the same time as Norths went into the doomed merger with Manly; and my theory was always that Spirit took over the soul of the Bears).
Anyway, it's a spectacular ground, and will always be one of my favourites. On the field, the clash between two non-NRL clubs brought a great local feeling, not a bad crowd and of course another victory to the Jets - maintaining my 100% success rate when watching the Bluebaggers.

I took plenty of pics at the game, and here are the pick of them. Enjoy!!!!

DSCF2383.jpg

DSCF2389.jpg

DSCF2391.jpg

DSCF2397.jpg

Nice photos, thanks. I was actually planning on going and taking a few photos myself at the game but was too wrecked after the working week.

What camera were you using?

greg

Juniors
Thanks Glory and Fame, appreciated. Great old oval is North Sydney. The actual surface looks nice green and lush. The old cricket pitch area still looks like a season ending injury waiting to happen though.

QldPanther

Juniors
nice to see the heritage of North Sydney Oval in fine form. I never went to a first grade game there but did go see a few one day games there. One of the most friendly grounds you could ever go to.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Great pics, lovely ground. Shame the Bears dont have much of a following? Where did they all go?
They whinge about the Bears not in the NRL yet they cant turnout for their team?

Glory and Fame

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Nice photos, thanks. I was actually planning on going and taking a few photos myself at the game but was too wrecked after the working week.

What camera were you using?
It's a Fuji FinePix S5600 - 5.1 megapixels, 10x optical zoom, 5.7x digital zoom; and not all that expensive. I'd recommend it for someone who gets to a lot of sporting events & likes taking pics at them....

Jeffles

Bench
Thanks for taking them and for posting them Glory and Fame. We all appreciate it, especially those of the Bluebag brotherhood who cannot make it to games.