What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player awards

Gareth Widdop player of the year
Paul Vaughan Geoff Selby award
Cam McInnes Dragons Immortals award
Joel Thompson Community award and Mark Coyne trophy award
Jackson Ford under 20's player of the year award
Luciano Leilua Illawarra player of the year award
Jack Payne Illawarra's coach of the year award.

Widdop very lucky to beat Vaughan for thr major award.

Good to see Ford getting the under 20's player of the year award would have been an outsider at the start of the year as he wasn't even contracted to the club but has impressed.

Leilua imo is very lucky to get the Illawarra player of the year award that should have gone to Hind.

dannyt

Coach
Gareth Widdop player of the year
Paul Vaughan Geoff Selby award
Cam McInnes Dragons Immortals award
Joel Thompson Community award and Mark Coyne trophy award
Jackson Ford under 20's player of the year award
Luciano Leilua Illawarra player of the year award
Jack Payne Illawarra's coach of the year award.

Widdop very lucky to beat Vaughan for thr major award.

Good to see Ford getting the under 20's player of the year award would have been an outsider at the start of the year as he wasn't even contracted to the club but has impressed.

Leilua imo is very lucky to get the Illawarra player of the year award that should have gone to Hind.
So if Luc got the player of the year award, why didn't he play a single minute of FG??????

dannyt

Coach
And why is it he gets shot down In flames by half of you guys .sorry I don't get it if he's player of the year he must be going better than "fat and lazy " .
Not sure if your aggression was directed at me, but my point was our coach, in his expansive wisdom, chose not to play Luc at all in 2017, despite debuting in 2016 and playing well enough in the reggies to earn player of the year.

I would've thought he deserved more than being named in a 21 man squad, week in and week out, only to be cut at the last.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Not sure if your aggression was directed at me, but my point was our coach, in his expansive wisdom, chose not to play Luc at all in 2017, despite debuting in 2016 and playing well enough in the reggies to earn player of the year.

I would've thought he deserved more than being named in a 21 man squad, week in and week out, only to be cut at the last.
Not at all your post I agree with just some of the experts comments .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
So if Luc got the player of the year award, why didn't he play a single minute of FG??????

Because player of the year is voted by the players.
Mary wouldn't want him because he has x factor.
Mary wants them to play like robots.
Hit up into defence then do it again.
They are told to play like that.
Look at how long it took for him to include dufty.
Luch sould be on the bench as he could change the game with a run ( he is surprisingly quick and has a good step and a great off load) .
I think graham will help luch to become the player he could be.
Hopefully mary will use a rotation system were you pick your bench depending on the opposition.
For me when we play the top teams like roosters , storm and broncos.
You play four forwards.
When you play other teams you use 3 forwards and a x factor or 2 like field or luch. And later in year guys like lomax.
But mary is mary

dragonssamy61

First Grade
And why is it he gets shot down In flames by half of you guys .sorry I don't get it if he's player of the year he must be going better than "fat and lazy " .

He was over weight but has got himself in good shape.
He was 128kg now 107 kg .
So no longer fat.
He didn't tackle well when he first came in but his defense is a lot better.
To me sould be on the bench

Dragsters

First Grade
Because player of the year is voted by the players.
Mary wouldn't want him because he has x factor.
Mary wants them to play like robots.
Hit up into defence then do it again.
They are told to play like that.
Look at how long it took for him to include dufty.
Luch sould be on the bench as he could change the game with a run ( he is surprisingly quick and has a good step and a great off load) .
I think graham will help luch to become the player he could be.
Hopefully mary will use a rotation system were you pick your bench depending on the opposition.
For me when we play the top teams like roosters , storm and broncos.
You play four forwards.
When you play other teams you use 3 forwards and a x factor or 2 like field or luch. And later in year guys like lomax.
But mary is mary

Great post.

Well said samy...

Latest posts