What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

b0rt

Juniors
George Ghazal (WA Reds) ---> Southern Sydney Sharks (mid season)
Rick Williams (North Beach) ---> WA Reds (effective immediately i guess)

Nuke

Staff member
I forget where I read / heard this, but I believe McMenemy doesn't want to hang around beyond the 2008 season. He apparently wants to move back to Sydney.

I also believe there's a couple of fringe Reds players that don't want to hang around either, with England and the east coast the most likely places for them to end up.

b0rt

Juniors
mcmenemy was originally also employed in the WARL developement office but quit that after a couple months

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not surprised re Mcmenemy, he doesn't look that interested on the field.

What's happened to Tyrone, has he headed back East?

I guess keeping players here on a game payment only basis is always going to be difficult.

albert

Juniors
Maybe it is taking a toll on the players with all the travelling they have been doing.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
I've also heard Mcmenemy wants 2 go.

Tyrone's injured

Josh Irving is out 4 the rest of the season with a shoulder injury.

I think the reds need to buy a older front row/2nd rower that will lead the team forward and isnt afraid to knuckle down n work, Mcmenamy seems to think hes a 5/8

Alehana

Juniors
i met one of my neighbours for the first time, forgot his name and he says hes in the reds, a kiwi fella, came recently, plays union as well for wests, think he plays fullback in league, any ideas

Alehana

Juniors
yeh he says he plays 2 games, i had a feeling he doesn't play for them but is in their training sqaud, cause he wouldn't have left NZ if not for a valid reason

Alehana

Juniors
PK does, only cause they called him something like that, but other than that none really.

Alehana

Juniors
yeh thats what i thought, was excited cause he said he could get my free tickets, but... well c, lets hope hes not up on the website yet.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i thought Ben Lindegaard was playing pretty well, but he got dropped for some reason.

bit of a conspiracy theory but Zac Keating was also dropped, with him and Ben Lindegaard playing for North Beach it boosts there chance of another GF spot. just think its a bit funny that they've chosen to do this at this time of year, especially now the Reds have no shot at makin finals & the amount of NB people involved at the Reds.....

b0rt

Juniors
i thought Ben Lindegaard was playing pretty well, but he got dropped for some reason.

bit of a conspiracy theory but Zac Keating was also dropped, with him and Ben Lindegaard playing for North Beach it boosts there chance of another GF spot. just think its a bit funny that they've chosen to do this at this time of year, especially now the Reds have no shot at makin finals & the amount of NB people involved at the Reds.....

why then have jimmy mac in the team when he has played very few reds games?
shermanator i think got dropped because hes unavailable to travel next couple weeks or something rather than form
linders i never really rated all season, never looked overly dangerous returning kicks or anything
not to mention rick williams is now contracted to the reds too so thats another beach player gone

Last edited:

joondalup_giant

Staff member
why then have jimmy mac in the team when he has played very few reds games?
shermanator i think got dropped because hes unavailable to travel next couple weeks or something rather than form
linders i never really rated all season, never looked overly dangerous returning kicks or anything
not to mention rick williams is now contracted to the reds too so thats another beach player gone

hes the 2nd highest try scorer in the side isnt he?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wonder if we can attract a "big name" next season to replace McMenemy. Realistically looking at our performances this year we somehow need to find the money to bring across 3 or 4 class players to add to the squad. Maybe the AFL could fund some new "development officer" jobs we could use to entice some star players over?

b0rt

Juniors
hes the 2nd highest try scorer in the side isnt he?

yeh he probably is but thats more from backing up as fullback than creating anything
godecke would have scored double that many tries i reckon
how often does mcmenemy try and chip over the line to jason
he does it because he knows if jason can get his hands on it in a broken line or behind the lind we will most probably score

Latest posts