What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

Perth Red

Post Whore
Our ideal backline would look like:

1. Godecke (on Borts recommendations!)
2. Lindegaard (on JG's recommendations!)
3. Gherardi
4. Egglestone
5. Coppedge
6. McMenemy
7. Dickson

For me we need a new 1,4 &6 for next season

joondalup_giant

Staff member
yeh he probably is but thats more from backing up as fullback than creating anything
godecke would have scored double that many tries i reckon
how often does mcmenemy try and chip over the line to jason
he does it because he knows if jason can get his hands on it in a broken line or behind the lind we will most probably score

which is what most good fullbacks do, next time u watch the storm play watch billy slater in attack he follows the ball around waiting for an offload or loss ball.

Mcmenemy put about 20 kicks through on the weekend and they didnt come off once, like some1 said in another post it worked earlier on in the year so he thinks it'll always work, chip kicks very rarely come off

Goldthorpe

Bench
which is what most good fullbacks do, next time u watch the storm play watch billy slater in attack he follows the ball around waiting for an offload or loss ball.
Best example is Wade McKinnon from the New Zealand Warriors. He is the best back-a-upper in the business!

b0rt

Juniors
Our ideal backline would look like:

1. Godecke (on Borts recommendations!)
2. Lindegaard (on JG's recommendations!)
3. Gherardi
4. Egglestone
5. Coppedge
6. McMenemy
7. Dickson

For me we need a new 1,4 &6 for next season
godecke is the better player, but lindegaard is better at fullback than winger
so if you have both on the field the best combo in lindegaard at fullback and godecke on the wing, find a better winger than lindegaard but and put godecke to fullback
kestle is a center, who can also play fullback but i dont think he likes full back much, dont forget hes also our first choice kicker, i wouldnt drop him
from what ive heard gherardi is his own worst enemy when it comes to cementing a starting spot
id keep phillis at 6 and mcmenemy at 13 too

Mcmenemy put about 20 kicks through on the weekend and they didnt come off once, like some1 said in another post it worked earlier on in the year so he thinks it'll always work, chip kicks very rarely come off
a good fullback follows the ball and backs up down the middle
a great fullback does that and creates stuff from it
a good fullback will make a few extra meters from an offload in a tackle
a great fullback will make a line break and potentially score
billy slater is a great fullback, he doesnt score just from backing up, he scores because hes good enough to do something with the ball when he gets it
lindegaard doesnt have the attacking flair and reactive agility to be able to effectively do this. godecke does

also from what ive noticed mcmenmy kicks less, but more effectively from lock than 5/8

Last edited: