What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players Champion Top 23.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
i was watching the footy show and this players champion top 23 came up and I thought it was very interesting. It's basically the top 23 best players in the NRL voted by every NRL players. We have only 2 players in the list. Sam Burgess and Cody Walker.

Anthony Milford
Aaron Woods
Ash Taylor
Billy Slater
Cameron Smith
Cody Walker
Corey Norman
DCE
Dane Gagai
Klemmer
Widdop
Maloney
Tedesco
Taumololo
Rapana
Morgan
Pearce
Cleary
RTS
Sam Burgess
Wade Graham
Will Hopoate

The players can't vote for their own team. They had to vote 3,2,1 for their competition.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
i was watching the footy show and this players champion top 23 came up and I thought it was very interesting. It's basically the top 23 best players in the NRL voted by every NRL players. We have only 2 players in the list. Sam Burgess and Cody Walker.

Anthony Milford
Aaron Woods
Ash Taylor
Billy Slater
Cameron Smith
Cody Walker
Corey Norman
DCE
Dane Gagai
Klemer
Widdop
Maloney
Tedesco
Taumololo
Rapana
Morgan
Pearce
Cleary
RTS
Sam Burgess
Wade Graham
Will Hopoate

The players can't vote for their own team. They had to vote 3,2,1 for their competition.
I'm shocked Cody made it tbh......

So Keary is not there haha....

What about Friend??.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm shocked Cody made it tbh......

So Keary is not there haha....

What about Friend??.....

Cody is one of our best players hands down. Opposition teams focus sessions around shutting him down that's probably why he was voted in.

Friend isn't that crash hot of a hooker. Cameron smith is just so far above the rest.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cody is one of our best players hands down. Opposition teams focus sessions around shutting him down that's probably why he was voted in.

Friend isn't that crash hot of a hooker. Cameron smith is just so far above the rest.
I thought Cordner would've made it....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
As the guy is always talked up and captains the state!!!!

Didn't do a good job. NSW are a laughing stock. Daley lost his job because of how shit the squad was. Cordner was only captain because he was one of the older players in the camp. Gallen got shit on yet cordner is immune to one of the most embarrassing losses I've seen NSW have in a long time.

Fat Tony

Juniors

Anthony Milford
Aaron Woods
Ash Taylor
Billy Slater
Cameron Smith
Cody Walker
Corey Norman
DCE
Dane Gagai
Klemmer
Widdop
Maloney
Tedesco
Taumololo
Rapana
Morgan
Pearce
Cleary
RTS
Sam Burgess
Wade Graham
Will Hopoate

Interesting that no more than 2 players from the same club made it. I guess that's the drawback to a 3-2-1 system. Players from strong clubs steal votes from each other. Guys like ash taylor, rts, rapana, woods and hopoate make it while guys like cronk, gallen and cordner don't. Not that the former 5 are bad, it's just that they have been by far the best players in underperforming teams.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Interesting that no more than 2 players from the same club made it. I guess that's the drawback to a 3-2-1 system. Players from strong clubs steal votes from each other. Guys like ash taylor, rts, rapana, woods and hopoate make it while guys like cronk, gallen and cordner don't. Not that the former 5 are bad, it's just that they have been by far the best players in underperforming teams.

Yeah I'd say that probably evens out the playing field. It's better for the fans too. To be fair though Gallen, Cronk and cordner haven't exactly had the best of seasons. Of course they've been good but not as good as they've been in the past.

Fat Tony

Juniors
Yeah I'd say that probably evens out the playing field. It's better for the fans too. To be fair though Gallen, Cronk and cordner haven't exactly had the best of seasons. Of course they've been good but not as good as they've been in the past.
I think Gallen has had a great season this year without origin, cronk is class that never goes away, he'll always be in the top 20 players until he retires. Cordner is a bit down on last year but still one of the best forwards in the game. I guess it would be hard to get votes when you have keary, latrell, friend, jwh ect all stealing votes.

Yet AR is on 700k and Cody 200 and something........

Can't Richo see Cody needs to be on 500k???
its codys dumb fault that he signed for $200k.if he thought he was worth more why sign for $200k. FFS he gets payed 4 times more a year than me why is he complaining.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
its codys dumb fault that he signed for $200k.if he thought he was worth more why sign for $200k. FFS he gets payed 4 times more a year than me why is he complaining.

Probably because he lives in Sydney and cares for his wife and two kids. NRL makes billions of dollars yet players only get a small percentage of it. I would love to see the salary cap removed especially because we're so shit at managing it.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think Gallen has had a great season this year without origin, cronk is class that never goes away, he'll always be in the top 20 players until he retires. Cordner is a bit down on last year but still one of the best forwards in the game. I guess it would be hard to get votes when you have keary, latrell, friend, jwh ect all stealing votes.

Exactly. All these younger players are always gonna be gunning for the top spots. It's harder for a forward to be a standout too. They do the hard yards but the backs are the ones that reap the rewards. I think you have to be a special kind of forward to be acknowledged here.

Look at the other forwards that missed out. Vaughan, Fifita, JDB.