What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players Off Contract

Simon

Juniors
These players are off contract from next season
Lee Bennett, Aaron Gorrell, Matthew Head, Ben Hornby, Tony Jensen, Brent Kite, Willie Leyshon, Nathan Long, Henry Perenara, Mark Riddell, Reece Simmonds Dean Young, Michael Howell, Stacey Katu,

Players Resigned already
Barrett (4yrs), Cooper (2yrs)

I'm not so sure about these players, any help here would be helpful
Jason Ellem, Andrew Frew, Clint Greenshields, Wes Naiqama, John Olzard, Wycliff Palu, Justin Poore, Ryan Powell, Luke Roberts, Lachlan Russell, David Tangata-Toa, Brett White

With Jason Ryles wanting to negotiate a new contract also this year even though the club has an option on for him for next season, the administrators at the Dragons must be extremely busy. With the amount of players coming off contract it seems inevitable that we're going to loose some good players for next year. The four I see as priority signings are Riddell, Young, Kite and Hornby. Hopefully they're signed before June 30. I also think it will be hard for us to keep Head for next year as his price would increase dramatically after this season and with Firman already on the books for next year, it will be a tough ask to resign Head.

MC

Juniors
Astosai will defiently be under contract for next year atleast
Howell and Katu are defiently off contract
Youngquest has another year

Benny

First Grade
Lee Bennett - not important
Aaron Gorrell - not important
Matthew Head - important we sign as back up half but only if price is right
Ben Hornby - must re-sign (senior player and safe as a condom)
Tony Jensen - not important
Brent Kite - must re-sign (shown so much faith starting to repay can't give up now)
Willie Leyshon - not important
Nathan Long - not important
Henry Perenara - not important
Mark Riddell - must re-sgin (can't win comp without him and he'd hurt us too much)
Reece Simmonds - would like to see re-signed but maybe better opportunities elsewhere, love the bloke but he might hold Creagh or Howell back
Dean Young - must re-sign (great player, great attitude and is got Dragons blood in his veins)
Michael Howell - not important
Stacey Katu - not important
Jason Ellem - not important
Andrew Frew - not important
Clint Greenshields - i'd re-sign (see alot of talent in this kid)
Wes Naiqama - not important
John Olzard - not important
Wycliff Palu - i'd re-sign (see potential for the big unit with a year of League under his belt and another big off-season could do some damage off bench in FG)
Justin Poore - re-sign (only if price is right, need him but how much game time he gets off bench and other opportunities may come knocking)
Ryan Powell - not important
Luke Roberts - not important
Lachlan Russell - not important
David Tangata-Toa - not important
Brett White - not important

That is just my assessment and mainly looking at thing from a First Grade/Potential to play First Grade point of view. Of course we'd have to sign these blokes to Premier League Contracts and as back up for First Grade Squad.

Latest posts