What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you rated who ended up dissapointing you

butchmcdick

Immortal
Ritchie Williams. Looked great in Saints rd 1 2007 win over Gold Coast, played a few games but then boozed up, got dropped to NSW Cup, and eventually moved to Penrith, deja vu, and was never seen again.

Didn't he get into a pub brawl at the mermaid beach tavern and get arrested a while back ?

Last I heard he was off to the UK

gallagher

Juniors
Chin up. Your getting John Morris and Dean Collis this year. Expect nothing and they wont disappoint.

Eels Dude

Coach
As a Cowboys fan where do I start.

In the last few seasons I guess Firman, Manakafoa, Kafusi, Ash Graham, Rovelli and Shannon Hegarty all came to the club with big expectations and really haven't lived up to the hype.

You and the club had too high expectations then. Firman, Graham, Rovelli and Hegarty were all discards from their respective clubs at the time, unable to even crack a first grade spot and were unwanted. If you and the Cowboys had big expectations from them then that was rather stupid.

Eels Dude

Coach
That's right. It's four years after he made first grade. That suggests he should be up to it by now. But I did say that he had plenty of time to improve.

Most front rowers don't hit their peak until around their mid twenties. The fact Snowden has earned himself a consistent spot in first grade by age 22 is pretty impressive in itself.

innsaneink

Referee
Mark Meredith had terrific ball skills....but constant knee & health probs with his heart cancelled a promising career early...more bad luck than disappointment

Raider_69

Post Whore
Only young but Joe Picker was a huge disappointment last year, he had a break out 08 and something went wrong big time last year, he didnt look near the player he has the ability to be

i really hope he bounces back this year and shows us what he's capible of, he's got the whole package as a back rower.

simostorm

Bench
Antionio Kaufusi > great leg speed for a big man.. Rodney Howe said he could be the best prop in the world if he just beleived in himself.. or some crap like that..

but.. soft as a cushion.. met him a few times actually.. each time i remember comming away thinking how bad of a attidude he had.

Smith Machine

Juniors
I know he is still young and got plenty of time on his side bu the Titans Shannon Walker. He is currently playing for Tweed Heads Seagulls. This guy broke into the Qld Cup as a 18 year old and won the player of the year. I remember him playing for Qld Residents and as a winger thought he was the best player on field. Everytime he touched the ball he almost made a break. He scored 2 tries that night and one he made a 60 metre break and beat about 5 players to score. He is that good on his feet. But after seeing a couple of games in Qld cup this year he is no where near the player he has been in past seasons. Hopefully he can regain his previous form because he will be a sensation in the NRL.

I also think Akuila Uate has not quite lived up to his hype. Yes he is still learning the game and is still very young but i think he hasn't had the right coaching. He needs a lot more development and hopefully will be one of the premier wingers in the NRL.

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I am rarely disappointed by young players as I don't beat them up as much as others. The only one I ever thought would be good was Ben Smith. He started off OK but hasn't achieved what I thought he would.