What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please HELP: Fletcher's hit on Clayton

Blocker Shaw

Juniors
Just hoping that some of you out there might be able to help me solve an argument and refresh my memory as to exactly what happened when brian fletcher hit clayton last week.

from my recollection i thought clayton went for a scoot out of dummy half, and made some good quick metres up the middle before being slowed down in a tackle, before once basically stopped, fletcher came in over the top and smacked him across the eyebrows. during this incident i also seem to recall referee jason robinson being caught out of position due to claytons speed and he was running more or less with his back to the play in trying to get back to where the defensive line should be for the next tackle. he then failed to see the tackle and blow his whistle and was waiting for the play the ball, until clayton didnt get to his feet. he then called time off and that it was only after the replays whilst clayton was on the ground that he realised about the high tackle and consequently called fletcher out to penalise him.

i realise my memory from the game may not be perfect but can anyone remember exactly what did happen if i am not correct. where did fletcher hit clayton? did the referee see the tackle and act immediately? or was it only after the replays or video ref said something that action was taken.

also if anyone knows about the rules as to possible punishments for high tackles could they clarify this for me as well. i seem to recall that a player cannot be sin-binned for a high tackle, and can only be sent off the field or be penalised, or also placed on report. is this right?

while i'm at it does anyone remember any other errors made by referee robinson that night? i seem to recall us being penalised for a one-on one strip. was there anything else.

if anyone can help with any or all of my questions it would be greatly aprreciated by a fellow tigers' supporter.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Blocker Shaw said:
i realise my memory from the game may not be perfect but can anyone remember exactly what did happen if i am not correct. where did fletcher hit clayton? did the referee see the tackle and act immediately? or was it only after the replays or video ref said something that action was taken.

You are correct in the way it happened. Fletecher did hit him around the eye brows, Robinson wasn't going to penalise the tackle until the video ref advised other wise.

Blocker Shaw said:
also if anyone knows about the rules as to possible punishments for high tackles could they clarify this for me as well. i seem to recall that a player cannot be sin-binned for a high tackle, and can only be sent off the field or be penalised, or also placed on report. is this right?.

Thats correct! And the Sin Bin for next year will only be used the same way meaning that the report system means bugger all to the team the player is playing against when an incident happened.

Blocker Shaw said:
while i'm at it does anyone remember any other errors made by referee robinson that night? i seem to recall us being penalised for a one-on one strip. was there anything else.

His 10 meters was a disgrace all night, the marker defence from souths was poor and in a game with a good ref they would have been penalised alot.

Blocker Shaw

Juniors
if anyone can add anything or confirm anything i would be really grateful. and the sonner the better. i've got mysef in a litlle hot water and just want to be definite with what happened before anything else happens/

Latest posts