What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PM XI vs West Indies D/N in Canberra Nov 23-26, 2022

Again Renshaw and Handscomb providing the backbone of the PM innings.

Renshaw is only a moderately good player of spin compared to Handscomb. Both tho are probably better than any we have in the current Test side, except Steve Smith.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Did Hussey just say West Indies are touring here next summer for more tests????

BJ: Maybe thats why they are only play 2 this time around?

Hussey: They are coming out with Pakistan, so we will see a lot of the WI which will be good

Spongebob Squarepants Ngapa GIF by The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run

That is a terrific century by Renners, on a par with Chanderpaul. All doubt whether he is back has now been dispelled after this knock and his exceptional 200 in the shield.

simmo1

First Grade
Renshaw has surely surpassed Harris for a call up to the test team what a spot opens.

I'd be playing the likes of Renshaw and Neser every test against the Windies (and even a few against South Africa) with plenty of rotation. Get some test cricket under their belt. The Windies are cooked and won't get close to winning a test. We need to be looking at options for India and the Ashes where we know a lot of the incumbents (Warner, Starc, Khawaja, Head) have traditionally not performed well.

Colk

First Grade
Did Hussey just say West Indies are touring here next summer for more tests????

BJ: Maybe thats why they are only play 2 this time around?

Hussey: They are coming out with Pakistan, so we will see a lot of the WI which will be good

Spongebob Squarepants Ngapa GIF by The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run

Yeah they are. I remember Warnie talking about promotion-relegation for International cricket which might have some merit.

Colk

First Grade
I'd be playing the likes of Renshaw and Neser every test against the Windies (and even a few against South Africa) with plenty of rotation. Get some test cricket under their belt. The Windies are cooked and won't get close to winning a test. We need to be looking at options for India and the Ashes where we know a lot of the incumbents (Warner, Starc, Khawaja, Head) have traditionally not performed well.

Well I guess if you wanted to test Renshaw than I think the Saffas is a good bet. They have a brilliant pace attack - that Jansen will be a fantastic bowler plus you have Rabada who is a gun, Ngidi who is underrated and Nortje who I like as well. They just don’t have any batters at the moment.

Doubt Neser will go to India unless CA decides to bring a further reserve quick other than Boland. If so Starc should be the one to rotate for Windies and Saffer tests as Hazlewood has been starved of red ball cricket past 12 months and must be rearing to go. The skipper wont be rotated.

simmo1

First Grade
Doubt Neser will go to India unless CA decides to bring a further reserve quick other than Boland. If so Starc should be the one to rotate for Windies and Saffer tests as Hazlewood has been starved of red ball cricket past 12 months and must be rearing to go. The skipper wont be rotated.

Neser or Boland will (or at least, should) play over Starc in England though.

Paris needs to be swinging it to be his most effective. Otherwise is easy pickings on this featherbed.

Windies seem to have improved their spin play from last time they were here. They are now about par with us. Ordinary.

Last edited: