What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

SL is based in a country totally dominated by soccer. It survives on the crumbs left over by epl.

I’d love RL in uk and France to be played in big cities in front of big crowds but nothing I’ve seen in the last hundred years would suggest that will ever happen.you can wish all you like, but it doesn’t make it reality.

Do you not see the irony of this statement?

Using your logic, fumbleball is the dominant code in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth. And by some margin, too.

Does that mean you'll stop demanding the ARLC move heaven and Earth to set up unwanted NRL teams in Adelaide and Perth?

For me International rugby league will always be the pinnacle of the game, not two states playing each other.

What's the point of this comment?

All you've done is disclose a personal belief that the rest of the country doesn't share.

Yet for some reason you think we should base the game around your opinion?

MugaB

Coach

Using your logic, fumbleball is the dominant code in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth. And by some margin, too.

Does that mean you'll stop demanding the ARLC move heaven and Earth to set up unwanted NRL teams in Adelaide and Perth?

All you've done is disclose a personal belief that the rest of the country doesn't share.

Well if your a pom, you follow the pommy team, there is no Poms in nsw or qld, selfishly why would he or any nz'der care about state of origin...
Its still the best players vs the best players, instead of a one sided stacked kangaroos vs a Pacific nation choc full of reserve graders

Canard

Immortal
shut the fuck up GIF

Well if your a pom, you follow the pommy team, there is no Poms in nsw or qld, selfishly why would he or any nz'der care about state of origin...
Its still the best players vs the best players, instead of a one sided stacked kangaroos vs a Pacific nation choc full of reserve graders
I don't have a problem with him not caring about Origin. My problem is his expectation that Queenslanders and New South Welshmen not care about Origin for no other reason than he doesn't have a vested interest in it.

He's been telling me for years that I'm not a rugby league fan because I prioritise the interests of strong traditional BRL clubs that I'm emotionally invested in over plastic expansion franchises that will offer limited value to the sport. At the same time be defends Hull having two small clubs while large cities in England have none. He's a f**ken hypocrite who expects everyone to place his interests above everything else.

mongoose

Coach

The NRL at least has revenue in the same universe as AFL and is a real competitor.

The ESL is not even a competitor to the EPL. Manchester City could probably buy every Super League team 10x over.

MugaB

Coach
The NRL at least has revenue in the same universe as AFL and is a real competitor.

The ESL is not even a competitor to the EPL. Manchester City could probably buy every Super League team 10x over.
Who cares, if your gonna have an opinion on RL, you can be insular about how shit ESL is in England

Wb1234

Referee

After super league afl had close to double nrl r revenue

and afl was rigging the comp so Sydney or Brisbane won.

if afl was a half decent sport it would’ve taken over

Maximus

Coach
After super league afl had close to double nrl r revenue

and afl was rigging the comp so Sydney or Brisbane won.

if afl was a half decent sport it would’ve taken over

And yet you and your mate both say that nrl can never be popular anywhere afl was popular first. Shows which sport you think is better.

EPL and NFL are lightyears ahead of every sports league on the planet.

Manchester City could buy every NRL club, too.

And yet you and your mate both say that nrl can never be popular anywhere afl was popular first. Shows which sport you think is better.
How popular is rugby league in Melbourne?

30k viewers for the Storm. 8k viewers for non-Storm games. 5k players.

You can argue that rugby league in Melbourne is in a far better position today than in 1997. Doesn't change the fact it's taken 25 years to make a few small gains in a very hostile market. It'll take decades to make significant inroads in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How popular is rugby league in Melbourne?

30k viewers for the Storm. 8k viewers for non-Storm games. 5k players.

You can argue that rugby league in Melbourne is in a far better position today than in 1997. Doesn't change the fact it's taken 25 years to make a few small gains in a very hostile market. It'll take decades to make significant inroads in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth.
Perth isnt Melbourne. It’s an easier sell here, adelaide probably a harder sell given the neglect of the place by RL.

Canard

Immortal
Who cares, if your gonna have an opinion on RL, you can be insular about how shit ESL is in England
That's like me saying you can't have an opinion about being a loud mouth arsehole who is totally ignorant of anything outside Sydney.

Everyone can have an opinion.

Only childish babies would argue otherwise.

Latest posts