What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcasts

Monk

Referee
I listen to the RoosterTeeth Podcast and the Internet Box Podcast every week when they come out. Also listen to NFL Rants and Raves when i've got time to kill or need a hit of NFL.

gUt

Coach
Astronomy Cast (astronomycast.com) - 7/10. Dodgy production values let this one down but the content is always interesting.
Background Briefing (ABC) - 9/10. Usually excellent and interesting investigative journalism.
Big Ideas (ABC) - 7/10. Sometimes pretty boring but occasionally excellent. Philosophers etc discuss ideas with the host, usually in front of an audience.
Hindsight (ABC) - 6/10. Only occasionally is this really interesting, unless you're in love with Australian history. Sometimes it's great, mostly meh
Hollywood Babble-On (SmodCo) - 9/10. Funny as f**k this one. Get amongst it. Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman performing live and recorded as a podcast, celebrate and tear celebrity culture apart (sort of).
Jay and Silent Bob Get Old (SmodCo)- 7/10. Each episode is pretty much the same but still Jason Mewes is pretty funny IMO. Prepare for lots of dick jokes.
Late Night Live (ABC) - 8/10. Don't be put off by Philip Adams' reputation as a leftie. He is but the show isn't about him it's about his guests, who are usually very interesting.
NRL Unleashed (Sportal) - 8/10. Very good imo.
Ockham's Razor (ABC) - 8/10. 15 minute talk by a scientist (usually) about whatever's on their mind. Well worth it.
Point of Inquiry (Centre for Inquiry) - 7/10. Not as good as it used to be and the episodes tend to be a bit same/same. Still worth a listen.
Radiolab (WNYC and NPR) - 10/10. Fantastic show with fantastic sound design and amazing collections of stories. Some episodes go for an hour, some are "shorts", but they're always fascinating.
Rear Vision (ABC) - 7/10. Another history podcast but usually looks into political history from around the world.
Ricky Gervais Show - 10/10. Not really a podcast any more but you can buy them pretty cheap these days. Karl Pilkington is a f**king genius, the mong.
The Science Show (ABC) - 8/10. Pretty obvious what this one's about. Great show.
StarStuff (ABC) - 9/10. Astronomy and related topics. The host is an absolute geek for this stuff but it's really interesting.

Finally our very own View From the Hill (RadioLeagueUnlimited) - ??/10. Only listened to a couple of shows and while some of it was good, it falls flat sometimes. I'd love to be involved if I had the time. Give it a listen though!

IanG

Coach
I don't know what a podcast is sorry

A downloadable soundfile. Usually in mp3 format usually of a radio program. Allows you to listen to it at your own convenience. Usually listened to on iPod or mp3 Player. Hence the name. Podcast

Latest posts