What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popper Lives.

Quigs

Immortal
I can't remember which thread it was in but it was asked of old LU regulars and where are they and what happened to who, what, when and why. Anyhow Pops named was mentioned in dispatches.

Well I found an old number and gave it a ring and left a message. Long story short Popper is alive and firing on all fours. He just returned the call. He is going to the GF with his good lady and was also present at last weeks big win. Like all of us he is as excited as a brat at Christmas.

He said he might pop back in here and see whats doing so watch what youse say.

Good news that's two I know in here that are older than me.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Thanks Quigs. Was getting worried as you know. Good to hear.

And who are the 2 older than you? I don't believe it

taipan

Referee
Harry Holt is still around ,119 now,Chinese food working wonders, spends time meditating with Tibetan Monks.
My reliable sauces advised he expects to arrive Sydney about 10pm Sunday ,Cathay Pacific and airport curfew permitting.

Fingers crossed he makes it.

Last edited:

imasharkie

Coach
speaking of oldies I had the original Broncos CEO, Gary Balkin along with his favourite all time player, Alfie Langer in my cab last night. Hoping that was an omen.

The Popper

Bench
You brought me luck, Quigs, young fella. I haven't been here for a long time. Hadn't come in for a long time, then I forgot my password when I tried. Tried again after talking to you recently. Nup! Still locked out and all I was getting was bloody Subway Ads. (But I like Subway). Just got up from my Nanna Nap and BINGO! I remembered my password 2nd time Lucky. Ripper! Yep. Me 'n the missus are headed to ANZ on Sunday arvo (No Nanna Nap for me then - better get a good night's sleep on Saturday night). Daughter and granddaughter are going too. I'm feeling about as confident as I was in 78 - we had that bloody thing won and were ripped off!!!
This time, with a crowd like last week, we gotta be a good chance of getting the bikkies.

coolumsharkie

Referee
If you can duck your head into the Lidcombe pub before the game would be a pleasure to catch up and say hello, there's another thread with the times etc I think. Anyway up up.

The Popper

Bench
Gotcha, Frenzy. I might just do that. It saves getting bombarded with Subway adds continually.
Thanks, Coolum. I'd join ya but I'll have some of the tribe with me and, besides, the Doc told me some years ago to get off the pyss because I'd developed a swollen liver. I got off it and the ol' liver came good. Ripper!