What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive Thinking!

Collateral

Coach
Comeon guys! Lets keep upbeat, positive and will the Dragons home against Melbourne and then in the Granf Final!

We will beat Melbourne, we know we can!

DRAGONS
DRAGONS
DRAGONS!

Past Septembers have seen the Dragons kick their fans like a hillbilly kicks his mut in the guts.

However despite the above, I'm back for another dose this season. Surely....this must be our year????

Yes we can do it. In the army last Friday night the spirit was amazing, and if I needed any proof, that is one reason why I love the Dragons so much.

FIRE UP DRAGONS. BRING HOME THE CHOCOLATES FOR US IN '06.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Collateral

Coach
Willow said:
I think we can win.

Is that positive enough? :D

Nope Willow, 'fraid not.

We WILL win, because we are going to be the 2006 Premiers. We have Melbournes measure!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Collateral said:
Nope Willow, 'fraid not.

We WILL win, because we are going to be the 2006 Premiers. We have Melbournes measure!
OK. How's this...?

If this forum is anything to go on, there's definitely a buzz out there. Its bumper-to-bumper discussions with twice as many posts on the usual.

Whatever the result and regardless of the views of snotty-nosed trolls, the mighty Saints are worthy contenders. Make no mistake about it.

There is definite self-belief and in my opinion, that's half the battle won.

The roller coaster ride with Saints has been a tough one this year, but it now looks like the lads have their straps with precision timing. Was it extra clever coaching in making sure the team didn't peak too early? I don't know, but last year the team was on a dip coming into the finals and this year we appear to be on a rise, if that makes any sense.

The players are backing each other up and fighting for each other. Everyone appears to ready to grow an extra leg to play faster and smarter.

They have not conceded a point in the second half since round 24.

Their defence out of the line has been full of aggro and they are hurting their opposites. They have been muscling up better than at any other time this year and have shown us that can defend their line when the going gets tough.

The forwards have been outstanding of late. In particular, Bailey and Ryles appear to be playing the best football of their careers.

The team as a whole is showing a variety in attack and defence which is keeping the other mob guessing.

The players are sticking to the game plan and the coach seems to be doing his homework. I look forward to what they'll come up with this week and what the game plan will be.

The great thing is that we're over the complex matters of calculating who we're up against or what lies beyond. It has now come down to a simple matter of do or die. Easy.

glory79

Juniors
I will take that as a positive response. Bring it on, cant wait to smash Melbourne and then the dogs.

You are correct that they are peaking at the right time and it always seems that teams with the roll on win the comp. But it is the top 4 sides from the season in my opinion playing at the right time of the year.

If we tackle as well as we have been, we are dead set certainties. Fire up!

Collateral

Coach
Willow said:
OK. How's this...?

If this forum is anything to go on, there's definitely a buzz out there. Its bumper-to-bumper discussions with twice as many posts on the usual.

Whatever the result and regardless of the views of snotty-nosed trolls, the mighty Saints are worthy contenders. Make no mistake about it.

There is definite self-belief and in my opinion, that's half the battle won.

The roller coaster ride with Saints has been a tough one this year, but it now looks like the lads have their straps with precision timing. Was it extra clever coaching in making sure the team didn't peak too early? I don't know, but last year the team was on a dip coming into the finals and this year we appear to be on a rise, if that makes any sense.

The players are backing each other up and fighting for each other. Everyone appears to ready to grow an extra leg to play faster and smarter.

They have not conceded a point in the second half since round 24.

Their defence out of the line has been full of aggro and they are hurting their opposites. They have been muscling up better than at any other time this year and have shown us that can defend their line when the going gets tough.

The forwards have been outstanding of late. In particular, Bailey and Ryles appear to be playing the best football of their careers.

The team as a whole is showing a variety in attack and defence which is keeping the other mob guessing.

The players are sticking to the game plan and the coach seems to be doing his homework. I look forward to what they'll come up with this week and what the game plan will be.

The great thing is that we're over the complex matters of calculating who we're up against or what lies beyond. It has now come down to a simple matter of do or die. Easy.

Willow, you could of just said we are going to smash them. lol

;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think its a noteworthy stat.

There was a bit of criticism around after with those 'ugly' wins against lesser opposition of Wests Tigers, Easts and Sharks. Nevertheless, the attack-defence difference has been massively in Saints' favour over the last five weeks, particularly in the second half.

They let in two late tries against WT in round 24 after keeping them scoreless prior to that in the second half. It was a disappointing as I felt the killer instinct comes from keeping them out, regardless of how far in front you are.

Since then they have delivered in that regard and our line in the second half has not been breach for the last four weeks. With that, the defence is getting much better at the backend of the match - things like that impress me more than the score line.

Godz Illa

Coach
indexpage6.jpg

Latest posts