What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You are right - premierships are a result of random luck, much like spinning a chocolate wheel!
I said probability and randomness. Better teams have a better chance of winning. It's not a random draw of the 17 teams every year. Some have more chance than others. I don't think this is controversial.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s not fair to judge BA in 14, 15 or 16 because we had a team cheating the salary cap and we still didn’t win anything or even play finals footy. 17 is okay to include. But 18 we can’t because we came last. Everything from 19 is fine to judge him on except for last year because our poorly disciplined side got suspended too much. You also can’t judge him on this year because Moses got injured.
You'll note we performed better when we weren't cheating the cap, proving the club is stronger since the new board came in.

the phantom menace

First Grade
You'll note we performed better when we weren't cheating the cap, proving the club is stronger since the new board came in.
Poor logic. Troll post.

I would say stability started after the new governance structure was implemented. It certainly wasn't 11 years ago.
You would say that, because you frequently post circular bullshit for attention.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There’s either going to be someone/s moved on from the playing group or we’re just go to have another go with an aging model that didn’t get over the line when it was younger. So maybe there’s a downside to not being ruthless
I think it's accepted that ruthlessness has its benefits. it's just that certain types think it's all upside.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's not what he said though, is it. He said they are a result of 'probability and random luck'. And that's quite different. Unless you are talking about a consistently dominant team like Penrith over the last few years, he's right. The maths of the situation are not that difficult. If all teams were equally f**ked they'd have a chance of winning in each year of 6.25%. In reality the best team in the comp starts the year at odds between 2.5 to 1 and 4.5 to 1, implying a probability of winning in a given year of about 28% - 18%. Even if you have the best team and coach, there's a f**kload of stuff that can go wrong to stop you winning the lot. And for everyone else it just gets more random.
ffs

Latest posts