What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Game Press Conference

Life's Good

Coach
Not sure if it's been discussed but why, in this day of advanced technology, do we have to put up with poor sound from the journos at the post game pressers. You would think the NRL media would have picked this up by now?? (Mods, please move to the media watch if deemed more appropriate).

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Its ridiculous isn't it!

I think its so amateur and could be so easily fixed.

You sit there trying to work out what they were asked and end up missing half the answer.

POPEYE

Coach
Hardly media watch when the NRL fines coaches who refuse to participate, press conferences are another necessary evil that make the game laughable by one way conversations, like two referees trying to 'even up' games . . . at least we can hear their whistles

moffla

Bench
Need subs for the media questions. It could be done in a minute or two.
I do transcribing at work and I can confirm, it's piss easy and quick.

Always found it a bit odd how post game pressers aren't accessible for the hearing impaired.

Knight76

Juniors
You know I complained to the NRL about this very issue. The response I got was that the press conferences are provided by fox, and that given the number of press there is would be difficult to do.

I don't know why they can't just have a few mics spread out in the press gallery, at least we would get a bit higher volume and actually be able to hear the questions.

And why does the press conference coverage start after the first question. You start off hearing an answer to a question you never heard. Actually, that's generally how the whole presser goes.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
The NRL is firmly planted in the 1960s technology wise. Just take a look at the "slow motion" replays. No wonder the Bunker is scratching its collective head every second decision.

Compare NRL replays to something like those in the Australian Open tennis. You can actually see the ball compress and the racket strings distort. The NRL should give Tennis Australia a call and ask them what technology they are using.

Damn dinosaurs or cheapskates...one of the two.

ACTPanthers

Bench
The NRL is firmly planted in the 1960s technology wise. Just take a look at the "slow motion" replays. No wonder the Bunker is scratching its collective head every second decision.

Compare NRL replays to something like those in the Australian Open tennis. You can actually see the ball compress and the racket strings distort. The NRL should give Tennis Australia a call and ask them what technology they are using.

Damn dinosaurs or cheapskates...one of the two.

Or both...