What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Game: Round 8 vs Cowpats

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't mind Gutherson - but he did miss another pass by Taka again last night.
What the pass at his head when he was 1m from touch, if anything Taka was the one who should be copping it. He had an absolute shocker.

Gronk

Staff member
Watching the broncs on Friday night, they had 4 blokes on a talked player to slow the play the ball

Broncs and cows are just a little bit more polished than we are

Yep NthQ + Broncos will hold you up, lift you, twist you and then when they hear "held" push you to the ground. It takes an eternity to actually play the ball.

Noise

Coach
A quick look at the Fox sports stats shows Gutherson has made 16 errors this year. That's 2 a game. Far too many IMO

Gronk

Staff member
A quick look at the Fox sports stats shows Gutherson has made 16 errors this year. That's 2 a game. Far too many IMO

IIRC all we have is Burrito, which is prolly why we are persisting with Gutho. Schult & that kid from Newcastle have not impressed.

Maybe it's time to blood the new No.1 on the wing ?

Swiftstylez

Bench

Have you been to sleep?

I feel the reactions of Brad Arthur and the other site are more on the money than some of the analysis here.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Brad Arthur at the press conference: "I haven't seen many of them go to the bin this year"

"Everbody has been robbed of a really good game of football, need to know what the ruling is and if it is going to happen continually"

-Swiftstylez before the press conference: "I haven't seen many of them go to the bin this year"

"Everbody has been robbed of a really good game of football, need to know what the ruling is and if it is going to happen continually"

Noise: Learn the rules of the game

Noise knows more about football than Brad Arthur everyone.
hahahaha owned

Swiftstylez 1 - 0 Noise.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
BTW as much as I like Flash at the back because he is safe and a good returner, his back-line involvement is poor quality. He does not pass with precision like the really good No.1s.

yy_cheng

Coach
IIRC all we have is Burrito, which is prolly why we are persisting with Gutho. Schult & that kid from Newcastle have not impressed.

Maybe it's time to blood the new No.1 on the wing ?

That's gutho

French is injured I think and he better get a lot of bomb defusal practice

Noise

Coach
Brad Arthur at the press conference: "I haven't seen many of them go to the bin this year"

-Swiftstylez before the press conference: "I haven't seen many of them go to the bin this year"

Noise: Learn the rules of the game

Noise knows more about football than Brad Arthur everyone.
hahahaha owned

Swiftstylez 1 - 0 Noise.

Nice try mate. Just because there haven't been many sin bins (though there was an identical one last week that was also the right call that you supposedly haven't seen) doesn't mean there is no rule for it genius.

And that wasn't your quote by the way

Stagger eel

Staff member
Spot on, that was brought to my attention when we first got him, a mate heavily involved in the game at another club told me the same thing... It's just unfortunate that Bevvie is about 12 months away from regular NRL

Swiftstylez

Bench
Nice try mate. Just because there haven't been many sin bins (though there was an identical one last week that was also the right call that you supposedly haven't seen) doesn't mean there is no rule for it genius.

I said it hasn't been imposed until last night, besides your one example of multitudes of ones that I and Brad Arthur have seen unpunished this year when they have been considering penalty tries.

The commentators said it as well.

Admit I was right.

There are many almost penalty trys this year that had no bin used

I haven't seen many of them go to the bin this year

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
I said it hasn't been imposed until last night, besides your one example of multitudes of ones that I and Brad Arthur have seen unpunished this year when they have been considering penalty tries.

The commentators said it as well.

Admit I was right.

Seeing I gave you an example of when the same call had been made , can you show me a few examples of almost identical situations where it hasn't been enforced? And even then it doesn't mean it's the right call.If there are multiple ones , like you said, it should be easy to find.

Many penalty tries that should have been awarded this year? Such as....

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
Seeing I gave you an example of when the same call had been made , can you show me a few examples of almost identical situations where it hasn't been enforced? And even then it doesn't mean it's the right call.If there are multiple ones , like you said, it should be easy to find.

I'm not doing your research for you. Go ask Brad Arthur, unlike you I have a memory and a life. There are several occasions in the past few weeks where they have been considering a PENALTY TRY for a professional foul and not only did they not award the penalty try but they didn't sin bin and just blew the penalty. These were blatant professional fouls. I'm not going through and watching games I've already watched just to justify mine and the coach of our football teams position.

Just give up mate you win some, you lose some.

forward pass

Coach
Far too many handling errors - that was the game right there. Not the refs.

Our attack is quite concerning. Think of all the tries last two games? Virtually all of them are intercepts, or tries where a kick has been dropped or not cleaned up and we score. We just aren't scoring tries from sweeping backline plays or hole running. The only two good tries we have scored were both called back for obstruction. Raiders game is the only game where we clicked so far.

It is just not quite happening.

Noise

Coach
I'm not doing your research for you. Go ask Brad Arthur, unlike you I have a memory and a life. There are several occasions in the past few weeks where they have been considering a PENALTY TRY for a professional foul and not only did they not award the penalty try but they didn't sin bin and just blew the penalty. These were blatant professional fouls. I'm not going through and watching games I've already watched just to justify mine and the coach of our football teams position.

Just give up mate you win some, you lose some.

That's what I thought. You have no examples of denied penalty tries in recent weeks. Unlucky pal.

Swiftstylez

Bench
That's what I thought. You have no examples of denied penalty tries in recent weeks. Unlucky pal.

There have been heaps of in the recent couple of weeks. Are you saying Brad Arthur didn't see them as well? The commentators were just lying that the precedent had been set last night?

I'm not interested enough in you to go and dig up common knowledge

Swiftstylez

Bench
if there are heaps you should be able to name one. But you can't

Sharks and Broncos games recently had some, I'm not sure which ones frankly I don't give a f**k.

You think you have more knowledge of football than the Eels coach.

That alone is enough to start calling you Felicia from now on whenever you post.

Bye Felicia!

Latest posts