What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Match Thoughts/Whinges/Issues

yy_cheng

Coach
He should just coach to the players strength's not force them to play a way that is not natural to them

bartman

Immortal
4. I have been all for giving Kearney a full go to bring his own culture to the club, but honestly after 60 minutes in my books his job security went to a week-by-week status starting this Friday. The final 20 minutes may have saved him until our first bye.
Agree, but I don't think Kearney can take any credit for the final 15 minutes.

If they had come out like that straight after his half-time talk, sure coach would get credit. But it's dubious that SK could be deemed in any way responsible for the confidence that rose out of Matt Ryan's simple determination for that (eventual) first try. Kearney's use of the interchange was diabolical again.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree maroubra eel.
That 30 points they scored at the end dont happen if it was lets say 10-0 at the time to the tigers..they just switched off.its time to play junlge ball

bartman

Immortal
It appeared to me that the Tigers put the cue in the rack with 15 minutes to go.
Yes, that too ME.

If the Tiges were serious it would have been 49-0. But they were probably just happy thinking they were coasting to a rare comfortable win against our uncoached rabble.

Wally21

Bench
Here's my two bobs worth...

- we looked much better when the master coaches game plan was thrown away. Yes the Tigs clocked off, but we threw the ball around which was so nice to see
- this idea that you have to have a side that grounds out games to win the comp is flawed. flamboyant teams can win the comp and we are much better at playing flamboyant footy. our cattle are much more suited to a Tigers style game plan than a cheaters style game plan. if Kearney doesn't get this by now, I don't think he ever will
- see above for why Kearney should resign or be sacked
- Hindy offers nothing in attack or go forward anymore. makes me sad because he has always been my favorite player since Kenny retired
- Hayne missed Sandow more than anyone. I think they were putting together a good combination before Kearney decided Chrissy needed an attitude adjustment
- Lasalo needs to go. he's not up to it and don't think he ever will be

yy_cheng

Coach
Here's my two bobs worth...

- we looked much better when the master coaches game plan was thrown away. Yes the Tigs clocked off, but we threw the ball around which was so nice to see
- this idea that you have to have a side that grounds out games to win the comp is flawed. flamboyant teams can win the comp and we are much better at playing flamboyant footy. our cattle are much more suited to a Tigers style game plan than a cheaters style game plan. if Kearney doesn't get this by now, I don't think he ever will
- see above for why Kearney should resign or be sacked
- Hindy offers nothing in attack or go forward anymore. makes me sad because he has always been my favorite player since Kenny retired
- Hayne missed Sandow more than anyone. I think they were putting together a good combination before Kearney decided Chrissy needed an attitude adjustment
- Lasalo needs to go. he's not up to it and don't think he ever will be

thats the thing. he has been preaching that structure is the way to go. if he changes, his original foresight was wrong. he is caught in no man's land

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And it's not like he has a heap of options at his disposal. I mean he dropped Lasalo but with Horo injured it was him or POH who also is not up to first grade ATM.

Exactly. The problem with our roster is not that we don't have enough stars; it's that we have too few players up to first grade standard.

bartman

Immortal
Exactly. The problem with our roster is not that we don't have enough stars; it's that we have too few players up to first grade standard.
Too few up to first grade standard, now Kearney's had something to do with them... while recent Kearney discards (Humble, Robson...) flourish at other clubs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To be fair, he wasn't named in the first grade team THIS week!

(he just snuck in at the last minute).

Who would you pick as a loose backrower instead of him?

He's not a 'loose backrower', he's a 'second rower' and that means he plays the same position as Shack! Kearney has NFI!!! :crazy:

Parra Pride

Referee
Too few up to first grade standard, now Kearney's had something to do with them... while recent Kearney discards (Humble, Robson...) flourish at other clubs.

Humble has hardly flourished, Sheens just likes picking nuffies.

#HumbleIsShit

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem isn't just the coach.

The cattle have a lot of the blame to shoulder as well.

They have been underperforming for a long time, even before Kearney became coach.

A massive clean out is required.

Same goes for the tigers too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Humble and Robson are still ordinary footballers. They're just at clubs with stronger rosters.

Robson made a grand final surrounded by quality teammates. He goes alright when he can just catch-pass to Todd Carney, just like he was ok catch-passing to Hayne and Mateo.

Humble was a passenger again today.

bartman

Immortal
By flourish, I'm talking about how Humble and Robson effectively fulfil their role in a team that has a decent game plan to execute.... That's all a standard first grader needs to do, but under Kearney we can't get 17 blokes to look like they've met each other before, let alone trained to execute a game plan together all week. After 30+ rounds with the worst win rate in the league, the buck stops with the coach.

Eels Dude

Coach
By flourish, I'm talking about how Humble and Robson effectively fulfil their role in a team that has a decent game plan to execute.... That's all a standard first grader needs to do, but under Kearney we can't get 17 blokes to look like they've met each other before, let alone trained to execute a game plan together all week. After 30+ rounds with the worst win rate in the league, the buck stops with the coach.

With the way SK has taken us so backwards in such a short space of time, surely those in just must be at least questioning his ability to coach, and question whether the long term plan he has is actually going to be affective. 2010 was not as bad a season was made out, we finished 4 points out of the 8, same with 2008 which was considered a poor season too. This year we're 6 points out of the 8 only 8 rounds in, and last year we finished 11 points out of the 8. Just to put things into perspective as to how poorly we're going under SK as opposed to previous coaches. Certainly backwards.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought Matt Ryan was very good. I also thought Keating played very well.

Very impressed with Matt Ryan, including against the Sharks.

f**ken nitwits in the media calling him a front-rower because he replaced Allgood in the lineup. Hindy played prop, with Ryan at right edge forward.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With the way SK has taken us so backwards in such a short space of time, surely those in just must be at least questioning his ability to coach, and question whether the long term plan he has is actually going to be affective. 2010 was not as bad a season was made out, we finished 4 points out of the 8, same with 2008 which was considered a poor season too. This year we're 6 points out of the 8 only 8 rounds in, and last year we finished 11 points out of the 8. Just to put things into perspective as to how poorly we're going under SK as opposed to previous coaches. Certainly backwards.

Is it possible that this is what it takes to change a club's culture?

Maybe this is what a full sweep out looks like.