What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predicted Round 1 Line-up vs Souths

Daza_06

Juniors
A few late pre-season losses - Masoe & Leliua - and an injury to Moga has thrown a lot of questions about who will be playing round 1 this season. I had the Roosters as top 8 contenders before all this but now im 2nd guessing myself not knowing who is going to fill the backline...

This would be my line-up for round 1:

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Minichiello
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Aubusson
5. Oldfield
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Kennedy
9. Friend
10. Waerea-Hargreaves
11. SBW
12. Guerra
13. Cordner

14. Seluini
15. Tasi
16. Nuuausala
17. Takiairangi

Big weakness with Aubusson and Oldfield as a centre-wing pairing but I didn't know who else to put out there. Moga will prove to be a huge loss.

I think Evans will come into the side before you know it with Arona, Bosden, Symonds & Moa pushing for bench positions.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Switch mini and RTS and that's my side as well given the loss of centre depth. Don't think Robbo will start RTS at FB from round 1. Really don't want to see Aubo anywhere near the centres again.

H.H

Juniors
Switch mini and RTS and that's my side as well given the loss of centre depth. Don't think Robbo will start RTS at FB from round 1. Really don't want to see Aubo anywhere near the centres again.

RTS will start at left centre.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
RTS will start at left centre.

Gee I'm liking that idea. Think he'll be sweet defensively in the centres and gettin closer to the ball will only benefit us. Plus thinking about RTS runnin off SBW offloads and half breaks is a delicious prospect lol.

Daza_06

Juniors
Who gets the wing spot for RTS then? Oldfield is already a weakness and the only other option I can think of is Henry. Backline is looking weak defensively and then you add Maloney to it and there looks like there will be trouble.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah losing Moga and then cutting BJ has weakened us severely outwide. Henry and oldfield are just solid back ups in my opinion. One may really suprise us if given a chance but.

Anyone think Kane is a chance at bench spot for round 1?

H.H

Juniors
Who gets the wing spot for RTS then? Oldfield is already a weakness and the only other option I can think of is Henry. Backline is looking weak defensively and then you add Maloney to it and there looks like there will be trouble.

Probably Oldfield. His speed makes himworth a go. Also, don't forget Tupou.

Also, I think. We'll find that Moga's injury isn't as bad as reported. If that's the case, then hopefully he can come back filly fit and add to our depth out wide.

Valheru

Coach

Bill Topou?

The Moga injury is definitely inconvenient but I don?t see why some people are questioning the depth in the backline now that Leilua is gone. Only a couple of months ago everyone on here was suggesting he would have to move to the 2nd row due to our other back row options...

Yeah losing Moga and then cutting BJ has weakened us severely outwide. Henry and oldfield are just solid back ups in my opinion. One may really suprise us if given a chance but.

Anyone think Kane is a chance at bench spot for round 1?

I'm hoping Kane will make his 1st grade debut this year. Probably mid year but initially he & Napa will start off for the Jets and work hard especially defensively.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Just on Moga,the kid doesn't have the enthusiasm or intelligence to be a good centre defensively..

Which is a strange thing,because at his young age you'd expect him to be that enthusiastic he'd be jumping out of his skin..

I rate the kids athleticism but to my eye he is a winger..Probably an exceptional one..

But from what i've seen of the kid he is not a centres arsehole..

Plus we already have one centre who can't tackle,plus a new 5/8th who is very dodgy defensively as well,we can't afford to have both centres who defend like Eoin Crossan..

I've been harping on for about 9 months that $BW is the answer to our left centre problems,& nothing that has happened in that time has caused my opinion to alter one iota..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Symonds is a good hole runner,but i'd be worried about his lateral movement in defence after the knee problems he's had..

And his speed is iffy..

Anyone but Maubs again though..

hardbaby

Coach
I wouldn't rule out Jennings guys. I reckon you are a chance of snagging him before the start of the season. I don't have any inside information but I do have a hunch. That would give you the fastest backline in the league.

H.H

Juniors
I wouldn't rule out Jennings guys. I reckon you are a chance of snagging him before the start of the season. I don't have any inside information but I do have a hunch. That would give you the fastest backline in the league.
Yeah that would be f**king exciting.

Can dream I guess, but can't see it. Not sure how we'd fit him in cap wise...although I guess if the $5.8m cap is formalised then there might be some room to do a deal with the 'riff..especially with it rising each year to 2017 then some backend stuff can be done too...

Monk

Referee
Maloney, Sonny and Jennings in one off season is almost Bulldogs level acquisition skill. Not sure we could pull it off.

hardbaby

Coach
SBW needs as much ball as possible and you're trolling if you disagree. Maloney is a bench hooker at best.

But in your signature you mention Maloney is being one of the final pieces in the puzzle. Well is he or isn't he? If he is the backup hooker "at best" why are you getting so excited about him?

Anyway, you'll have to amend your signature to include Jennings soon.

Latest posts