What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League countdown and pre-season sledging thread.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bumble said:
It's fairly easy to see why they'd keep this quiet.

Also, I hear Citeh have signed Martin Petrov for 5.5 million pounds. Fantastic signing if true.

he's also been strongly linked to Spurs as he wants to join his fellow Bulgarian the Berbinator

he's been a strong rumour for about a month but we've apparently put him on hold as we are now talking to a much better option

haven't heard anything for about 2 days on Petrov

brendothejet

First Grade
When the ball hits the net
Its a fairly sure bet,
That's Bianchi!

He is from Italy,
He has pasta for tea,
That's Bianchi!

He is faster than light,
He is pure dynamite,
That's Bianchi!

He can head, he can shoot,
With both left and right foot,
That's Bianchi!

Macca_

Coach
Last verse be better if it was - boot instead of foot...

He can head, he can shoot,
With both left and right boot,
That's Bianchi!

Bumble

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
Surely Petrov wouldn't go to top 6 in La Liga to relegation contenders in EPL.

...did you read the article? They're cashed up and their making big splashes in the transfer market.

Any team with SVE at the helm is NOT a relegation contender.

Nevcost

Juniors
Man United (I hate to say it), but I think it will be a tight contest between them Chelsea and Liverpool. As for Arsenal they're the Roma of the EPL overared. No in fact they're worse, they're Roma if Totti left. With Henry Arsenal we're perenial 4th placers, now they've lost their tallisman.

Macca_

Coach
Nevcost said:
As for Arsenal they're the Roma of the EPL overared. No in fact they're worse, they're Roma if Totti left. With Henry Arsenal we're perenial 4th placers, now they've lost their tallisman.
And you've been where for the past decade? Past 2 seasons they were 4th, before that under Wenger they hadn't finished outside the top 2. Perenial 4th placers... :lol:

Henry is a past era now. I'll look at the positive side and think we can be better with out him. Alex Ferguson seems to think we will be too and his opinion is sometimes worth listening too.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
i'm gonna enjoy arsenal's 7th place finish this year

7th place? Last season we got 4th place without Walcott, Henry and van Persie for half the season. Lately we've bought exciting players such as Sagna and Eduardo if you didn't realise, Walcott has been in great form in the 2 trial matches that we've played, van Persie is fully fit and Fabregas and Rosicky are about to show the world how great they are.
With all of that I am sure we can get a Champions League place easily, and challenge in the English Cups (FA & League Cup) and do well in the CL.

NP said:
7th place? Last season we got 4th place without Walcott, Henry and van Persie for half the season. Lately we've bought exciting players such as Sagna and Eduardo if you didn't realise, Walcott has been in great form in the 2 trial matches that we've played, van Persie is fully fit and Fabregas and Rosicky are about to show the world how great they are.
With all of that I am sure we can get a Champions League place easily, and challenge in the English Cups (FA & League Cup) and do well in the CL.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you were probably too young to watch but rosicky's best form was with borussia dortmund. eduardo hasn't proven sh*t yet either

Macca_

Coach
you were probably too young to watch but rosicky's best form was with borussia dortmund. eduardo hasn't proven sh*t yet either
Seing as your such the expert, is there many players that have been signed by Arsenal in say the last 10 years that have been 'proven' before coming to the club? I would suggest any player that moves to the EPL is 'unproven'. Many big names have failed to live up to hype and it normally takes players a little while to adapt. But you'd know that being the expert.

As for Rosicky, he had a good season for his first in the EPL. He's 26... It's beyond me how someone can think his best form has been seen... Probably also pretty easy to stand out in a sh*te Dortmund side.

struck a nerve there hey. eduardo is hyped on his under 21 national team form. couldn't give a f**king sh*t who arsenal have signed you won't be winning jack sh*t for the next 5-10 years and you can save this un edited post and bring it up in 2017 when i'm proven right

Bumble

First Grade
NP said:

:lol::lol:

Yes...you did well for half the season without Henry and RVP. The sh!t half came after they were injured.

Arsenal are going nowhere but down to the UEFA Cup. :lol::lol:

Macca_

Coach
struck a nerve there hey. eduardo is hyped on his under 21 national team form. couldn't give a f**king sh*t who arsenal have signed you won't be winning jack sh*t for the next 5-10 years and you can save this un edited post and bring it up in 2017 when i'm proven right
Struck a nerve? :lol:

I just thought you might have had something given that you said NP was to young to see Rosicky's apparent 'best form'. Thought wrong, your best is above and how good is it! :lol::lol::lol: