What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

premier league player ratings

aussie_londoner

Juniors
cause im in the UK and its gunna take three weeks for my mother to get the tape of the game burnt to dvd and mailed over, i was hoping someone could give me a rating on the players performance for the grand final, and also one for the year.

who were the good forwards, who were the good backs?

should be good to see the different opinions of posters here.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Devout, tell your Mum to send you "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle" or something, Saints were awful & not worth watching...

aussie_londoner

Juniors
im more interested in the players than the game, cause some of them will be stepping up to first grade some time next year for a few games, and wanted to watch each one play.

she did tell me over email that it was there worst game of the season and a lot of dropped ball, what do you suggest went wrong? pressure or what?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mate, I don't know, it was just one of those things. I don't think they were over-awed by the occasion but they just didn't show the passion or commitment that we know they can.

Wes was immense for us, but as he's my favourite, I am biased...

aussie_londoner

Juniors
from what i have heard from sources back home, that it was there worst game of the year, with more handling errors than ever before,

wes is your favourite, how come he hasnt played NRL, cause he sounds like he should have. what about the forwards, how did hendo go? how did he look with the shoulder injury? what forwards had the most impact on the game?

who got players players for the game, do they have one for the year?

Acka

Coach
DevoutDragon said:
from what i have heard from sources back home, that it was there worst game of the year, with more handling errors than ever before,

wes is your favourite, how come he hasnt played NRL, cause he sounds like he should have. what about the forwards, how did hendo go? how did he look with the shoulder injury? what forwards had the most impact on the game?

who got players players for the game, do they have one for the year?

Mainly because of injury and the fact he has Hornby, Blacklock, Gasnier, Cooper and Simmonds in front of him

Simon

Juniors
In commentary Nathan Brown mentioned that Naiqama had been injured a lot over the past 18 months and that's probably what has held him back. He also seemed to think that Naiqama would make his debut in first grade next year, he mentioned filling in around State of Origin time.

I thought Norrie played better then Henderson in the grand final. These two along with Ryles, Bailey, Sims and Poore I think will give us the best front row depth in the NRL next year. Sadly I can't see us retaining them all after next year as opportunities may arise else where.

From the premier league team I can only see 4 players making an impression in first grade. Henderson, Norrie, Naiqama and Greenshields. Corey Payne may also make the grade but he does some stupid things (the flick pass and the chip kick in the GF) which may hold him back.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
you certainly cant complain about our front row depth for next year, id be happy with that..

both hendo and norrie have only had there contract extended to june 05. so they are on the market again as of june 30.

i spose we will have to wait and see how the start of the season pans out.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Gorrell was very good.

Could be the reason Withers is going. He lookes physically impressive too, very short, stocky, and strong.

Wes was good, I still question why they bothered with Carlaw when he was in the reggies *This is no swipe at Carlaw, he did a fantastic job and I would've loved to have seen him stay. I just thought Wes should've been given a shot at centre once or twice*

aussie_londoner

Juniors
i deffinately agree, wes should have been given a shot at NRL, hes been huge for the PL all year, and norrie should have been given a few more games. i reckon he went really well against the broncos

also when i gorrell gunna get his chance, it seems strange that the captain of PL still didnt get a run all year in the NRL

Southernsaint

Staff member
Drew-Sta said:
Gorrell was very good.

Could be the reason Withers is going. He lookes physically impressive too, very short, stocky, and strong.

Wes was good, I still question why they bothered with Carlaw when he was in the reggies *This is no swipe at Carlaw, he did a fantastic job and I would've loved to have seen him stay. I just thought Wes should've been given a shot at centre once or twice*

Did Wes play against Parramatta (away) this year?? I don't think he did. He should've been given a chance in this game, or perhaps the Souths SCG game to make an impression in First Grade...

aussie_londoner

Juniors
if you mean rnd 11 against eels when they won 37 - 6? he didnt play that game, the three players who made there debut in that game were holdsworth, weatley, and norrie.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
whats the depth in the forwards at the tigers like?

i get the feeling that norrie would prob want to stay witht he dragons, but i guess thats up to doust and browny and co, come june 30.

vicious, both hendo and norrie are off contract june 30, who would you prefer at tigers and why? personally im hoping like hell we can keep the both of them, good honest country boys who play hard, and both as keen as