What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiers !!!!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ossie has said Parra will cop the decision on the chin, i was hoping he'd come out all guns blazing.

fish eel

Immortal
Seriously though, we should be in the record books as a premiers IMO.

Presentations and lots of carry on etc would be hollow. But due recognition of our achievement is deserved IMO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We play the Storm June 4 at Parramatta Stadium

Is it just me, or does anyone else want our boys to explosively rip them a new one? :)

We should hire Tugger before that game for some nicely worded sledges :D
Just don't get him to mention the Dog of War ;-)

Tekken Lord

Juniors
The premiership has to awarded to the runners up just like in the olympics. It's a precedent that should be followed. f**k i hate the Storm. Robbed of a premiership because of those scum. The players and officials that were knowingly involved should be banned from the sport.

From this day forth i will refer to us as 2009 premiers.

Nickeel

Juniors
Who the f**k really wants to be awarded a 'premiership' six months after the fact, after a grand final you didn't win? What would that really mean to people? It wouldn't mean anything to me.

I'm more keen for our boys to use this as motivation in 2010 (if they needed any more).

Nick

i feel crappy now, i made the 6-7hour drive to watch us get beat in GF by a team that had a massive illegal advantage over us.

strider

Post Whore
its absolutely ludicrous to want us to be given the premiership .... no matter what, we didn't win the GF! - a cheating team did - life's a bitch - live with it

i feel crappy now, i made the 6-7hour drive to watch us get beat in GF by a team that had a massive illegal advantage over us.

Someone

Bench
No we didnt win. Shouldnt get it either. However the storm need to be punished for longer than just 2010. Personally i say kick them out and send sharks down to melbourne and form the two (somehow). Sharks are in a terrible position with money and tbh they deserve to be angry the most.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Casper felt there was something terribly wrong but couldn't say anything until now bar the crap ref decisions. The real culprits are directors (and others) within New Limited. Casper also pointed out in other posts that the refs were helping Storm win last years premiership. This is the truth.

We Eels fans should demand that the 2009 premiership is the Eels 2009 premiership and that they put on a special day ASAP to celebrate the Eels 2009 victory just as Storm celebrated at the end of the 2009 GF. Nothing less than this is acceptable.

From now on everyone must refer to the Eels as the 2009 premiers and its about time Eels coaching staff and officials sort out contracts amongst all players so that Inu and Mateo stay on as Eels for life. They both do not want to leave.

Now that everything is seen in a different light, they won last years premiership. Imagine how Mateo and Inu (and others like Kingston, Joe G, Lowrie etc) would have been if they knew (was confirmed) they won last years premiership on that GF day????? WHICH THEY DID.... The Eels were cheated both on and off the field.

What about poor old Todd Lowrie he has nothing to play for this year and he is now surrounded by cheats who cheated him. And what about Brett Finch going to the Storm last year. Who has the last laugh now Brett???

when i first heard the news i said 'give us the trophy' but now i accept it would be a token gesture the nrl could ask the eels players and give it to them if they want it but they probably dont

no disrespect to storm fans here but if it was my decision the club would be banned from the nrl im not saying that just because im mad but because i never want to see this happen again i dont know how the nrl could survive another scandal and that is the only way to make sure nobody else thinks 'if we hide it well enough....' if you are caught you are GONE and before you ask, yes i would totally support the nrl in banning the eels if we were stupid enough to try our luck forget giving the 1 million to the clubs give it to ian schubert so he has all the resources he needs to find cheats

WA Eel

Juniors
No. NRL has done the right thing. To retrospectively present the Eels and Manly with the 2009 and 2007 premierships would be hollow victories and very awkward for both sets (meaning Eels and Manly) of players.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bugger off Swifty you troll...what about the Broncos, who is to stop them claiming it as the side who would have made it? Or the side who finished 9th? They could have finished 8th if not for the Storm cheating, they might have been the one to go from 8th to the Grand Final.

It would be ludicrous to give us the premiership and anyone who says otherwise is just being stupid.

Some people are so dense.

The Eels likely would've won had they have played anyone but Melbourne, but they weren't the only team cheated out ffs.

CrazyEel

Bench
Makes me mad as hell about the lost opportunity but there is no consolation in being awarded a premiership 6 months after the event. It's the experience and emotional thrill on the day itself that counts not what the record book shows.

they can't give Manly and Us those premierships, could you imagine the court cases by punters who had backed those teams now wanting a pay out? it's not like the people who backed storm are going to give it back?
i think in the record books the premiers should be blank for 2007 and 2009 with the runners-up listed next to the blank space.
As much as I'd love to have the premiership given to us i can see why it can't.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Bugger off Swifty you troll...what about the Broncos, who is to stop them claiming it as the side who would have made it? Or the side who finished 9th? They could have finished 8th if not for the Storm cheating, they might have been the one to go from 8th to the Grand Final.

It would be ludicrous to give us the premiership and anyone who says otherwise is just being stupid.

Shut the f**k up Bazal. I was living in Queensland at the time and flew to 3 of the 4 games in the Eels finals series last year, wasting my time and money for this bullsh*t to happen. How the f**k am I a troll? I WENT TO THE TITANS VS EELS GAME, THE BRONCOS VS EELS GAME, THE EELS VS DRAGONS GAME AND ANOTHER BRONCOS VS EELS GAME @ PARRA WHEN WE WERE BECOMING NO CHANCE, I STILL f**kING WENT.

HEAPS OF PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME.

WATCH THE LATEST NEWS. WATCH THE FANS OPINIONS. I AM ENTITLED TO MY OWN OPINIONS. WHAT ABOUT THE CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP?

YOU ARE A JOKE BAZAL.

IF SOMEONE VSES SOMEONE ONE ON ONE, AND ONE CHEATS, IN SAY CARDS, THE PERSON THAT CHEATS WOULD LOSE.

SO MATE, GROW A f**kING DICK, STOP ATTACKING OTHER MEMBERS, AND GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE.

THE SEASON IN RETROSPECT DOES NOT EVEN MATTER!
WHO CARES WHO FINISHES 9TH? WE MADE THE GRAND FINAL AND WERE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE BUT THE STORM. ON THAT DAY, WE WERE BEATEN BY CHEATS,.

GET f**kED MATE, JUST GET f**kED.

I don't get how I have got several infractions for attacking other members, yet Bazal gets none and he is always that one that starts it.

Last edited:

offside ref

Juniors
They beat us the facts are they got caught in sure other teams are aswell let's hope are books are clean.
I don't want the premierahip its meaninless they won on the day we finiahed 8th and had a great run the books sould say 07,09 no premiers.

Latest posts