What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership odds

hindy111

Post Whore
http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/rugby-league/nrl

I think a few things from seeing this -

1- Roosters are unders.As are Manly - Sure they signed a few guys but most are average.And the Roosters have lost some quality

2 - Parra/Penrith are both very good value. At the odds i like both teams.As i do the raiders.

3- Why arent the cowboys favourites ? They have not lost anyone and should star as the favourites.

4- Based on odds we should finish 11th. Most on here including me want top 6.

5- Open comp.Anyone bar the bottom 3 IMO have some claims to win the title in 2016.There is not a lot between many of the clubs.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Sharks look decent value.

Also reckon Knights will go better then the odds indicate.

Manly / roosters look to short

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/rugby-league/nrl

I think a few things from seeing this -

1- Roosters are unders.As are Manly - Sure they signed a few guys but most are average.And the Roosters have lost some quality

2 - Parra/Penrith are both very good value. At the odds i like both teams.As i do the raiders.

3- Why arent the cowboys favourites ? They have not lost anyone and should star as the favourites.

4- Based on odds we should finish 11th. Most on here including me want top 6.

5- Open comp.Anyone bar the bottom 3 IMO have some claims to win the title in 2016.There is not a lot between many of the clubs.

Cowboys will struggle I reckon, will miss the top 4. Broncos overachieved and were expected to be better in year 2 or 3 under Bennett, reckon they are the side to beat. Sharks will have a decent halves combo and they always go good in the forwards. Warriors are the dark horse, have the ability to win the minor premiership by a big margin ( 2-3 wins), but doubt they will win the big one.

Chipmunk

Coach
Cowboys will struggle I reckon, will miss the top 4. Broncos overachieved and were expected to be better in year 2 or 3 under Bennett, reckon they are the side to beat. Sharks will have a decent halves combo and they always go good in the forwards. Warriors are the dark horse, have the ability to win the minor premiership by a big margin ( 2-3 wins), but doubt they will win the big one.

The Warriors at $9 to win the comp is ridiculous. They should be $9 to make the Top 4! They're a fringe Top 8 chance at best and realistically no better chance than Parra, Penrith or the Raiders.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The Warriors at $9 to win the comp is ridiculous. They should be $9 to make the Top 4! They're a fringe Top 8 chance at best and realistically no better chance than Parra, Penrith or the Raiders.

I agree, I wouldn't be taking them but they do have the best spine in the Comp

Noise

Coach
Does anyone have a link to the odds prior to the 2015 season? Or any previous season? I'd like to see how close they actually get. I wouldn't be surprised if they were often fairly close.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Broncos sadly are my tip to win it.

How much are Parra paying for the top 4. Might have Lash on that.

hindy111

Post Whore
Does anyone have a link to the odds prior to the 2015 season? Or any previous season? I'd like to see how close they actually get. I wouldn't be surprised if they were often fairly close.

Memory was roosters/Souths favourites followed by the dogs.

Penrith in the mix as well as manly cowboys broncos.

This year the favourite is a lot longer and a lot more teams at double figures suggesting its more open.

Warriors still have to get on that plane and travel every second week.That is draining and why they will struggle to ever make the top 4.

IMO teams go thru hunger stages and for me the roosters have to many guys that have been up for too long.So im iffy on them

Cowboys may lost the desire.But the teams too good.

Sharks have too many old forwards and this was there last legit year i think.

The dogs are always there abouts but with questionable halves -hooker and a weakened forward pack they could struggle. ALways give 100% thou so id expect them to be competetive.

Broncos of course should be better or as strong as this year. But guys like Thaiday and Parker are another year older.

It is a close comp. Really too close too call. And every team is a chance bar the Titans-Knights-Tigers(who i think will be better then people think)

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Broncos sadly are my tip to win it.

Yeah. That would be my tip as well. They were a bees dick away from doing it this year but will go one further next year.

If it happens, I just hope that Broncos2010 merkin doesn't come in here and stink up the joint.

Chipmunk

Coach

Of the teams that made the Top 8 in 2015, this time last year Dragons were paying similar odds for 2015 to what Newcastle are now paying (maybe not quite as much, perhaps $40). Sharks were paying around the $15-$17 mark, all the other teams who made the top 8 were all under $8, although I think you might have been able to get as much as $12 for the Storm, but that was well overs for them. Penrith were the only team under $10 not to make the Top 8 last season. Manly and the Warriors were in the $14-$18 range if I recall. Everyone else $20 or more

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Of the teams that made the Top 8 in 2015, this time last year Dragons were paying similar odds for 2015 to what Newcastle are now paying (maybe not quite as much, perhaps $40). Sharks were paying around the $15-$17 mark, all the other teams who made the top 8 were all under $8, although I think you might have been able to get as much as $12 for the Storm, but that was well overs for them. Penrith were the only team under $10 not to make the Top 8 last season. Manly and the Warriors were in the $14-$18 range if I recall. Everyone else $20 or more

Cheers. Thought they would be fairly close to the mark.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Bit shy if you factor in the potential to start the season on -4 points.

Whilst I don't reckon that it'll happen, you still have to factor that in, and if so, you're talking a need for enough wins to otherwise make top two.

phantom eel

First Grade
After years of disappointment since the 2009 late season recovery, surely with our recruitment this season we are at last a decent chance/almost certainty of making the top 8?

Making top 4 takes just a little luck in a couple of games going our way - good odds at $5.50 / 11th in the list.

Last edited:

Latest posts