What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership Trophy on Display at Souths Juniors

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis & Chris Beavon
Mon 22nd December, 03:25PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

Rugby League’s most sought after prize, the Provan-Summons trophy, has a new home in South Sydney heartland – Souths Juniors.
Rabbitohs Members and supporters now have the opportunity to see the 21st Premiership trophy won by South Sydney in 2014 in an historic Grand Final victory over the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs by 30-6 on October 5 this year. It is now on display in the foyer of the club on Anzac Parade in Kingsford – a reminder to the thousands of Souths Juniors who play the game that the game’s ultimate prize is within reach.
Five Souths Juniors took the field for the Rabbitohs in this year’s Grand Final, including; Alex Johnston (La Perouse Panthers), Dylan Walker (Mascot Jets), Adam Reynolds (Kensington United Dragons), John Sutton and Jason Clark (Coogee-Randwick Wombats).
Souths Juniors President, Keith McCraw, is proud of the strong player connection having overseen the rise of the five players – as well as countless others – during his time at The Juniors.
“We’re over the moon, and in particular for The Juniors to have five of our boys play in the game,” said McCraw.
“Also the likes of Cameron McInnes, Nathan Merritt and Beau Champion also contribute throughout the year, so we’re very proud of the boys we had on board in 2014.”
Having the trophy at The Juniors is also a source of great pride for McCraw and his Club – an organisation that oversees the development of thousands of local Rugby League players from under 5’s right through to A Grade.
“We’re proud and privileged to have it here,” said McCraw.
“We’ve got 19-20,000 of our Members coming in here each week and already it’s been outstanding. The photos being taken around here and obviously the mural on the wall – once you walk into the door of The Juniors you know you’re at home.
“Guests are welcome, but we encourage anyone, particularly those in the South Sydney Family – come along and join The Juniors – support those who support you.
“Now the task is to see if we can hang onto it – we’d like it to be in the foyer for another 12 months after that!”
The Juniors is also the venue that played host to euphoric post Grand Final scenes, when Anzac Parade was sealed off out of necessity to allow Rabbitohs Members and supporters the opportunity to welcome their team home just hours after their 21st Premiership triumph.
To see the trophy in person, please visit Souths Juniors at:
558 Anzac Parade, Kingsford NSW 2032

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2014/12/22/premiership_trophy_o.html

Big Sam

First Grade
Random question - why don't we have a trophy room?

(I know the obvious answer is we don't have a Leagues Club in which to put it but I'm wondering as to where all the bits of memorabilia/replicas trophies from the first 20 premierships ended up and why they are not displayed in some form)

rabbitohs95

Bench
Random question - why don't we have a trophy room?

(I know the obvious answer is we don't have a Leagues Club in which to put it but I'm wondering as to where all the bits of memorabilia/replicas trophies from the first 20 premierships ended up and why they are not displayed in some form)

Almost certain they're at Redfern Oval somewhere in the lower section. I'd like to see if that's right though.

cisco

Juniors
Another F wit troll,life must be horrible following the Rooters,Rabbitohs PREMIERS 2014,21 PREMS,HA HA HA HA !!!

cisco

Juniors
Sorry sorry sorry. Meant to put this I the Auva section.. My bad.
Ha ha ha Madrooter,troll away on our site, what a non life you must have RABBITOH PREMIERS 2014,HA HA HA HA,ROOTERS NO PAST NO FUTURE,NO FANS,NO ONE CARES,HA HA HA HA