What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preston and Joe out of tonight's match

Big Mick

Referee
Preston has been advised by doctors that he wont be playing

Joe also pulled up lame at training.

Dave McLean probably brought into the team.

Peter Wallace or Ben Rogers getting five-eight spot.

I think this harms our chances greatly.

was looking forward to Preston v Smith

Big Artie

Juniors
Big Mick u must be a rock scientist, to know the loss of campbell and joe, harms our chances greatly. but the panthers will win

choc_soldier

Coach
Double bugger!

The way I see it...

Swain into the second row, Rogers promoted to the bench, and Wallace to make his first grade debut at 5/8th.

choc_soldier

Coach
Yeah, maybe. Also Rodney in the 2nd row - without Presto, we have no recognised goal kicker, and I have seen Shane nail them from the sideline before.

Caged Panther

First Grade
apparently there are a number of players who could take goal kicking duties.

On this list is

Rodney
McClain (assuming his called up)
Wesser
Waterhouse

score under the stick and it won't be a problem :D

Big Mick

Referee
Dave McLean is a goalkicker

Would be no surprise for me to see him starting the match.

I'd like to see Wallace at 5/8, but i suspect Lang will pick Rogers

Big Mick

Referee
I'd really like to see what Gower and Hodgson did last night reintroduced into our games with Gower chip to Wesser flying through.

There has been a bit of a lack of that.

Big Mick

Referee
I'd Like to see:

1. Rhys Wesser
18. Michael Gordon
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Paul Franze
5. Luke Rooney
2. Luke Lewis
7. Craig Gower
8. Joel CLinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Ben Ross
11. Frank Pritchard
16. Shane Rodney
13. Trent Waterhouse

14. Garrat Crossman
15. Frank Puletua
19. David McLean
17. Luke Swain

HOWEVER:

I reckon it would line up like this:

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Lewis
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Paul Franze
5. Luke Rooney
19. Ben Rogers
7. Craig Gower
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Ben Ross
11. Frank Pritchard
18. David McLean
13. Trent Waterhouse

14. Garrat Crossman
15. Frank Puletua
16. Shane Rodney
17. Luke Swain

cainen

Juniors
Big Mick said:
HOWEVER:

I reckon it would line up like this:

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Lewis
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Paul Franze
5. Luke Rooney
19. Ben Rogers
7. Craig Gower
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Ben Ross
11. Frank Pritchard
18. David McLean
13. Trent Waterhouse

14. Garrat Crossman
15. Frank Puletua
16. Shane Rodney
17. Luke Swain

This is the team I would like to see. Rogers has a pretty good kicking game and should be able to take some pressure off gower. Never really seen Lewis' long range kicking game before.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing how Wallace, Rolfe or Gordon handles first grade.

Kilkenny

Coach
McLean could easily slot into the 5/8 role for this week. The benefits include genuine 80 minute player, solid defender, competent goalkicker and for anyone who has watched him closely in Premier League in recent years is a good ball player with good passing technique.

I'm not sure Wallace is quite ready and Rogers is only just back from injury. The other options simply involve too many positional changes and personally I don't like the idea.

Caged Panther

First Grade
With preston looking as though he will leave us at the end of next season this will be a good chance to start planning for the future. I know preston will be here for another year and half (assuming the coast get in) but there is no time like the present. I mean look at the roosters.

*Sandy*

First Grade
What I couldnt fathom was why Rodney or Mclain weren't better used on the bench or more importantly and in better words why one wasn't on the park alternativetly. Both can kick way better than the rest!!!! :shock:

jed

First Grade
At what point did Lewis get dropped?

I'd never realised that Wesser had never taken a kick for goal in 1st Grade. Knowing that, I'm astounded that you actually kicked for goal for the first penalty (not that I'm complaining) ;-)

Big Mick

Referee
I see no excuses for that match.

I'm not gonna criticise too much....The players know they went shit.

First 20 minutes = World Beaters

Last 60 minutes = Wooden Spooners

Not good. Not good at all.

All I know is, If Howland ever........ever! see's first grade again......That'll do me.

Big Artie

Juniors
:( :( Funny old game very disappointing, but we will re group. I think most of the damage was done just be4 half time with our benchs on the writing was on the wall them. One positive was and have a close look at it all u knockers( Luke Swain) his best game all year, anyone who thinks he shouldnt b in the squad in front of mcclean & Puleta F have got no idea on footy, however that's fairly common 4 this site :lol: :lol:

Latest posts