What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PRICE TO BE SACKED ,McGregor IN

Saintsified

Bench
Job for the boys continues. However I don't have an issue with this if they are signing Wayne for 2015. ..that's what I'm hearing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
At least we don't have that thought in our heads now that Price may be coach for 2015. Or scared if they fluke a couple of wins Price will get a contract extension.

The fact Price has nothing more to do with the club is a HUGE bonus.

Dea

Juniors
Don't disagree with the decision which according to Doust has been made based upon performance. However... if McGregor was the attacking coach and currently we are placed #13 in attacking points, he doesn't deserve the role either. And sitting as the second worst defending team, on performance, we need a whole new coaching team.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Don't disagree with the decision which according to Doust has been made based upon performance. However... if McGregor was the attacking coach and currently we are placed #13 in attacking points, he doesn't deserve the role either. And sitting as the second worst defending team, on performance, we need a whole new coaching team.

Spot on!

It's like plugging a hole in your boat with tissue paper

DUB888

Juniors
At this stage of the season there would be no choice but to work within the structure of coaching staff we have. It opens the door for a serious long term coach to be announced before the season ends , hopefully soon so the team can start to perform for their spots next year and allow the dead wood to be cut and recruit some decent signings under "THE NEW HEAD COACH" and his staff.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Job for the boys continues. However I don't have an issue with this if they are signing Wayne for 2015. ..that's what I'm hearing.

Sack the guy that was assistant to him for a number of years and recommended by him and then try and entice him back? Doubtful.

BrissyRedV

Bench
At this stage of the season there would be no choice but to work within the structure of coaching staff we have. It opens the door for a serious long term coach to be announced before the season ends , hopefully soon so the team can start to perform for their spots next year and allow the dead wood to be cut and recruit some decent signings under "THE NEW HEAD COACH" and his staff.

What should fear most out of this is that the "new" long term coach out to be mary

BrissyRedV

Bench
At least we don't have that thought in our heads now that Price may be coach for 2015. Or scared if they fluke a couple of wins Price will get a contract extension.

The fact Price has nothing more to do with the club is a HUGE bonus.

No, we have to live with the thought that Mary may get the long term gig. Our star attacking structures coach

No back line in the world is going to score points when your Forwards are being belted every week

St Georgio

Juniors
I can't wait until the end of the season with the news of a proper head coach, hopefully McGregor does a reasonable job to prove himself that he would make a wonderful assistant coach!!!!!
A great player like he was doesn't want to embarrass himself!!!!

BrissyRedV

Bench
I can't wait until the end of the season with the news of a proper head coach, hopefully McGregor does a reasonable job to prove himself that he would make a wonderful assistant coach!!!!!
A great player like he was doesn't want to embarrass himself!!!!

He wasn't good enough for Bennett to even keep on in any capacity. What makes you think he will go well? His time as the cutters coach or his time as our assistant coach in charge of attacking structures?

GT0007

Juniors
My view is as they have appointed a caretaker coach they are seriously looking at coaches that are already under contract for this current year. So Bennett, Brown and Henry appear to have the inside run. Out of those I don't think Bennett would contemplate returning unless there is no other option for him in south Qld, Brown is good mates with Price so I think he would be hesitant so that only leaves Henry. While I think he's better than Price or Macgreggor I am concerned he himself was just sacked last year and in 2010 only won 4 or 5 games all season with the Cowboys. Wouldve got the wooden spoon but were saved by Melb being stripped of their points. This was my point about changing coaches, I agree 100% Price had to go now but it concerns me just as much who will take over as we will be stuck with them for 2 or 3yrs.

I'm going to be positive after today but I can't believe any of the current coaching staff were selected as caretaker coach when we have been disgraceful in every area. Can he be worse than Price???? FFS I hope not but yessssss it is a possibility.

I was hoping for either Sheens or B. Smith to take over immediately instead of scrapping this season when we are only 2pts outside the 8. Yes I know about our differential but that improves when you win games and theres still along way to go.

I hope the appointment of next years coach doesnt drag on for months and leave us rudderless

Minh

First Grade
This is very good news, even though Mary is not a popular choice it can't be any worse than Price who had lost the dressing room long ago IMO since the Soward days if he could not make a positive out of our star player at the time the writing was on the wall.

I'm hoping that we still explore all the coaching options out there and bring in a new hard nosed experienced coach to get these boys to play like men again.

St Georgio

Juniors
He wasn't good enough for Bennett to even keep on in any capacity. What makes you think he will go well? His time as the cutters coach or his time as our assistant coach in charge of attacking structures?

I hoping for a remarkable miracle :pray:
Don't forget Bennett did endorse Steve Price!

GT0007

Juniors
FFS out of the frying pan and into the wok. Price, Young and Mary should all go.

100%! However I think that they don't have the long term coach available that they want for this year so really the only option was to appoint from within the club. I don't think Mary is the solution but probably the least disruptive one

Latest posts