What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Priddis on life away from Panthers

griffo346

First Grade
Priddis on life away from Panthers

By Brent Read
March 07, 2008
WHILE Penrith continues to pursue Todd Carney, this season looks like being the last at the club for the hero of its 2003 grand final victory, hooker Luke Priddis.
Priddis confirmed that officials told him last week his option for next season would not be exercised at its existing pay level. For Priddis, that equated to being told he was not wanted.
As a result, the Clive Churchill medallist is focusing on ending his final year at the Panthers on a positive note and exploring options for next season.
"I have an option here and have just been told that won't be taken up at its monetary value," Priddis said.
"So to me that's the end of the option. I'd probably be lying if I said it wasn't (disappointing).
"I think I have plenty to offer."
The Panthers are preparing to outlay a significant amount of their salary cap on Carney.
Carney's club Canberra is keen to keep him, while Manly is also interested.
He has not played representative football yet his next contract is likely to be for more than $400,000 a season.
Even Priddis, an advocate for making as much money as you can out of the game, finds that difficult to fathom.
"For an older player, personally that's pretty hard to cop - the kid probably hasn't played a full season of first grade," Priddis, 30, said.
"That's probably the way the game has changed. He'll be a great footballer. It's a lot of money to put on the line for a bloke. Plenty of blokes have potential but don't reach it."
While Carney looks set to reap a financial windfall, Priddis may be forced overseas to continue his career.
The former Test hooker had ruled out a move to Super League but said he may have a change of heart if his options dry up in the NRL.
* Camp Australia has become Camp Rabbitohs as South Sydney is set to conduct training camps in Coffs Harbour for three years.
As part of a deal with Novotel Pacific Bay Resort, Souths will play a pre-season match in Coffs Harbour, conduct training camps and carry out community activities.
Brisbane hooker PJ Marsh expects to be fit for the club's premiership opener against Penrith despite injuring an ankle at training.
Marsh's injury means the club's top two hookers are racing time to be fit for the Panthers match after Mick Ennis strained a thigh muscle at training last week.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23332854-23214,00.html

Fibroman

First Grade
Aiton and Iosefa are doing more than knocking on the door.

Priddis has put his body on the line for 10 plus years week in, week out. It takes it's toll. He isn't as fast and strong as he used to be.

A. Johns could get away with it. Priddis unfortunately will only get away with it for one more season in the NRL.

Sad but true.

At his best, he was the best hooker in the world. Something to be very proud of.

Latest posts