What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pritchard hit on Graham - Should be be outed?

MatthewA

Juniors
Here's the shot on Graham by Frank Pritchard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUteB07tClY

What are peoples opinions on whether he should be suspended? The Bulldogs are fighting it, the Sharks have said it was a good shot, Wade Graham said it was a good shot (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-frank-pritchard/story-e6frexnr-1226116371118) and he shouldn't be suspended and old blokes like David Gillespie and Gary Jack have said it's soft to suspend him and it was a great hit (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...arks-wade-graham/story-e6frexnr-1226116373479).

Thoughts?

Eels Dude

Coach
Nothing wrong with it. Might have copped a bit of a knock to the chin but that's all. Not even worth a penalty let alone being charged and possibly suspended for it.

AuDragon

Juniors
That's just a great shoulder hit, no raised elbow or anything. Pritchard was just unlucky Towsend lowered his head right at the moment of the hit... Should be cleared imo.

Didgi

Not sure what Townsend was doing, but I doubt his head movements had any impact on Pritchard collecting Graham.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Technically it's not legal, but I don't have a problem with those ones being let go. Particularly considering stomping on someone is let go nowadays.

Pretty similar hit to the Dwyer hit on JWH in the semis last year. Pretty dangerous, he's just unlucky Wade Graham is a bit shorter than him...maybe he could try hitting props or back rowers for a change.

Danish

Referee
Pritchard was suspended for a similar hit on cutie during a test match a few years back. Smashed him in the face with a shoulder charge, I believe it was Hunt's first test after deciding not to represent NZ.

Shoulder charges to the head have been illegal in footy since 2006. Morley got 3 weeks for one in round 1 that season after cleaning up Ben Walker vs Souffs, and they've been consistently penalised in 1st grade since (except for in a certain semi-final of course :sarcasm:)

Personally I think they should be illegal as well. Attacking the head with any part of your arm should not be allowed, regardless of what a the rent-a-quote dinosaurs think

HowHigh

Coach
Graham was looking the other way to pass then ran straight into Pritchard, didn't help himself there.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Pritchard was suspended for a similar hit on cutie during a test match a few years back. Smashed him in the face with a shoulder charge, I believe it was Hunt's first test after deciding not to represent NZ.

Shoulder charges to the head have been illegal in footy since 2006. Morley got 3 weeks for one in round 1 that season after cleaning up Ben Walker vs Souffs, and they've been consistently penalised in 1st grade since (except for in a certain semi-final of course :sarcasm:)

Personally I think they should be illegal as well. Attacking the head with any part of your arm should not be allowed, regardless of what a the rent-a-quote dinosaurs think

I don't think you can say he attacked his head.

Poor Roosters. So hardly done by. Maria Hagreaves ht high, but then allowed to dive through a scrum to get the ball back.

Oh, the injustice.

Tonight’s NRL Judiciary hearings for Warriors forward Ukuma Ta’ai and Bulldogs forward Frank Pritchard will be covered on NRL.com and Twitter @nrl.

Both players will be seeking downgrades on their charges by the NRL Match Review committee, with Ukuma Ta’ai charged with a Grade 2 Striking Charge on Newcastle winger James McManus, and Frank Pritchard charged with a Grade 3 Careless High Tackle on Sharks five-eighth Wade Graham.

Ta’ai’s hearing will take place at 6:00pm AEST (8:00pm NZ), Frank Pritchard’s will take place at 7:00pm AEST (9:00pm).

http://www.nrl.com/judiciary-covera...itchard/tabid/10874/newsid/64302/default.aspx

Big Pete

Referee
Danish said:

Charged and plead guilty but wasn't suspended for it.

jason taylor

Bench

Was that the hit that ended Ben Walker's comeback?

skeepe

Immortal
Where was this outcry when Joel Thompson was charged for his beautiful shot on Rory Kostjasyn?