What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puletua in doubt

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Puletua still in doubt

Kiwis second rower Tony Puletua remains in doubt for trans-Tasman league clash because of an ankle injury

12 October 2004 - article from www.rugbyleague.co.nz

Kiwis second rower Tony Puletua remains in doubt for Saturday's Tri Series rugby league opener against Australia at North Harbour Stadium.

Puletua has sat out training for the second day in a row with an ankle injury.

The rest of the Kiwis squad trained without incident with coach Daniel Anderson pleased with a step up in intensity from the side.

© 2004 NZCity, IRN

*Sandy*

First Grade
That'll be a blow for the Kiwi side. I think 'T' brings a lot of force and inspiration to the kiwi side. Poor KP! :mrgreen:

Kiwipanther

Juniors
lol

I can remember sitting in the stands at the SFS.....all of a sudden PK jumps up ad starts Boo'ing and abusing the NZ residence team against the Roosters of all teams. Then quietly and carmly sits down realising I'm sitting next to her, me with a facial expression of what da hell.....

Poor KP my ass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Puletua to train on Wednesday

Second rower Tony Puletua is the only injury concern in the Kiwis rugby league camp after training in Auckland on Tuesday.

The big second rower sat out training for the second straight day with an ankle injury, ahead of Saturday's Tri Series opener against the Kangaroos at North Harbour Stadium.

The rest of the Kiwis squad trained without incident.

Coach Daniel Anderson says Puletua is definitely not in doubt for Saturday's test and he will be ready to train on Wednesday afternoon.

Anderson is concerned at the level of intensity his side is working at.

Anderson says he wants to see the players up the level of aggression and precision currently on display.

He says they will throw in some defensive pads at tomorrow's training as well as checking the timing of their passes when they meet the defensive line.

Meanwhile it looks like Sonny Bill Williams has added a new string to his bow.

Williams spent some of the training session knocking over drop kicks from 45 metres out.

Daniel Anderson says he did not see it and says he will be a bit skeptical until he has witnessed it with his own eyes.

But Anderson says he might have a quiet chat to Williams about being the man to go to for a field goal in the test

The Kangaroos fly into Auckland on Thursday night.

The Australians are balking at letting a New Zealand referee control their upcoming tests against Great Britain.

All three countries have been looking at using neutral refs in the upcoming Tri Series, starting this Saturday with Englishman Russell Smith.

New Zealander Glen Black has been given the OK by Great Britain for their matches with the Kangaroos.

However NZRL referees boss Ian MacIntosh says the Australians will not budge.

He says the Aussies do not rate Black, even though he has controlled several recent UK Superleague matches.

MacIntosh says they feel Black is not up to test match standard, which New Zealand contests.

MacIntosh says Black is going to the UK no matter what, although the Aussies still want to look at him before agreeing.

He says Australia has requested Black control the curtain raiser at North Harbour Stadium this weekend, so they can take a closer look at him.

MacIntosh says if the Aussies do not want to use him, then Glen Black will referee the first Kiwis v Great Britain test, with a Brit taking control of the second.

*Sandy*

First Grade
You have had to much coffee KP!

I wouldnt have stopped upon realising who I was sitting next to - it was the realisation of who I was barracking for! #-o

Latest posts